Bullnose Forums

Red slider door lock [E0TZ-1022169-L] - NOS

That's the right part number, but that one appears to already be broken I think the backing plate would have been installed to the slider from the factory, and you can see in the pic below that it has been but has broken off. Not sure I'd pay $50, even with free shipping, for that one unless I really needed it.

s-l1600.png.48bfe9a3f62db4da9c7fe3c191c5bdc1.png

That's the right part number, but that one appears to already be broken I think the backing plate would have been installed to the slider from the factory, and you can see in the pic below that it has been but has broken off. Not sure I'd pay $50, even with free shipping, for that one unless I really needed it.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't these have been molded in their color? This one looks like it was black and then painted red. All the ones I've touched or seen were molded entirely in one color. :nabble_anim_confused:

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't these have been molded in their color? This one looks like it was black and then painted red. All the ones I've touched or seen were molded entirely in one color. :nabble_anim_confused:

Good point. I think all of the ones I've handled have been colored through and through. :nabble_anim_confused:

Good point. I think all of the ones I've handled have been colored through and through. :nabble_anim_confused:

That slider is already broke, that is for sure.

Might be why the customer never picked it up as well. I would reject it, as well ;)

The earlier versions were molded in color, but the later ones were painted. I've bought two passenger side ones before and noticed the difference myself a long time ago now.

The date on the box states 04/02/96, so definitely a newer part run.

I've fixed these before by using a small drill and four small screws with large for their size heads, like you would find in old electronics that held parts to a mother board.

That slider is already broke, that is for sure.

Might be why the customer never picked it up as well. I would reject it, as well ;)

The earlier versions were molded in color, but the later ones were painted. I've bought two passenger side ones before and noticed the difference myself a long time ago now.

The date on the box states 04/02/96, so definitely a newer part run.

I've fixed these before by using a small drill and four small screws with large for their size heads, like you would find in old electronics that held parts to a mother board.

Thanks, Ralph. That explains the color.

But I wouldn't want to shell out $50 for something expecting it to be complete and then find that it is already broken. I, too, have repaired them as you described, but always worried that someone would pull too hard on them and they'd come off.

So I guess I'd say that if you have to have one that color and don't mind trying your hand at fixing one, then have at it. But be aware that it might not be a permanent fix.

Thanks, Ralph. That explains the color.

But I wouldn't want to shell out $50 for something expecting it to be complete and then find that it is already broken. I, too, have repaired them as you described, but always worried that someone would pull too hard on them and they'd come off.

So I guess I'd say that if you have to have one that color and don't mind trying your hand at fixing one, then have at it. But be aware that it might not be a permanent fix.

I've never had to replace the Left side on mine. Almost always using the key etc...

The passenger side, almost always using the slide lock, I had to replace it twice. The third time is with the repair, and it seems to hold up well for me. But I would not buy one for $50 that was already broke. I would repair the one I had that was broke. :nabble_smiley_beam:

So I get it about worrying about them breaking.

For a part that was only used for two production year runs, and not a complete two at that, these parts were well represented by Ford for a long time considering. . . (because they broke often my guess.)

I've never had to replace the Left side on mine. Almost always using the key etc...

The passenger side, almost always using the slide lock, I had to replace it twice. The third time is with the repair, and it seems to hold up well for me. But I would not buy one for $50 that was already broke. I would repair the one I had that was broke. :nabble_smiley_beam:

So I get it about worrying about them breaking.

For a part that was only used for two production year runs, and not a complete two at that, these parts were well represented by Ford for a long time considering. . . (because they broke often my guess.)

my only real complaint with these trucks is the door panels. I don't mind the ultralight dashboard as I'm not getting in and out of that nor am I shutting it all the time. it seems very evident why the slide locks were dropped. now that I have a model with them. both are missing and I have checked the rods and the locks give strong resistance but do work. i may make some custom locks if I get around to it but I'm just locking with the key now. but the door panels are the cheapest feeling thing in the truck.

my only real complaint with these trucks is the door panels. I don't mind the ultralight dashboard as I'm not getting in and out of that nor am I shutting it all the time. it seems very evident why the slide locks were dropped. now that I have a model with them. both are missing and I have checked the rods and the locks give strong resistance but do work. i may make some custom locks if I get around to it but I'm just locking with the key now. but the door panels are the cheapest feeling thing in the truck.

Sold!