Bullnose Forums

Snorkel For Big Blue?

Gary Lewis

One item on the air inlet. It will need a small drain at the lowest point, a small flap of rubber over a 1/4", maybe smaller hole so any water that gets in can drain out. Flap so it doesn't leak in.

Good thought, Bill. But I've already installed it w/o a drain. :nabble_smiley_cry:

But the air box actually has two small drain holes in it, one of which you can see in the shot below, so any water that gets that far will drain. But that isn't the lowest spot. It is just outside the air box and that bit is well and truly SEALED. Not just with epoxy but also the insulation and aluminum duct tape.

So if water does get in there it'll stay until it evaporates. Hopefully it won't get in there? :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Windsor_Snorkel_In.thumb.jpg.40d44aa7489f7b9fd8314e1b66651b47.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking about the starter, I wonder if BB could be "bump started" by using the winch and low gear?

I’d use third gear, might skid the tires in low.

I've tried it in my Bronco. Even with a 73:1 crawl ratio it would turn the engine over in low-low (in 4WD on bare rock, so pretty good traction). But it didn't turn it over fast enough to get any fire. Maybe your winch is faster than mine, or your engine will fire at a lower speed. But I wouldn't bet on it working.

Thinking about the starter, I wonder if BB could be "bump started" by using the winch and low gear?

I’d use third gear, might skid the tires in low.

I've tried it in my Bronco. Even with a 73:1 crawl ratio it would turn the engine over in low-low (in 4WD on bare rock, so pretty good traction). But it didn't turn it over fast enough to get any fire. Maybe your winch is faster than mine, or your engine will fire at a lower speed. But I wouldn't bet on it working.

Bummer! Ok, I'll not rely on that as a solution. Thanks. :nabble_smiley_sad: