Bullnose Forums

Snorkel For Big Blue?

Gary Lewis

Jonathan - I think I like the Windsor inlet better than the later diesel on as it looks like it would be a pain to get routed down to the air filter box.

But the shot below of the Hypermax cowl induction inlet on the left and Big Blue's firewall on the right has potential. I've circled where the Hypermax goes on the firewall and put an arrow where it needs to connect to the air filter box.

I think it could be made to do that, but it would be busy as the pic of BB has the MAF sensor and inlet hose(s) to the throttle body removed. So the air inlet hose would have to go below that.

I think for now I'm going to continue on with the Windsor inlet and see if I can get it going. I don't really like the idea of cutting holes in Big Blue, either for an external snorkel or into the cowl.

But thanks for the ideas! :nabble_smiley_good:

Great minds working together! Somewhere, I read that in a multitude of counsellors there is safety. :nabble_anim_handshake:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonathan - I think I like the Windsor inlet better than the later diesel on as it looks like it would be a pain to get routed down to the air filter box.

But the shot below of the Hypermax cowl induction inlet on the left and Big Blue's firewall on the right has potential. I've circled where the Hypermax goes on the firewall and put an arrow where it needs to connect to the air filter box.

I think it could be made to do that, but it would be busy as the pic of BB has the MAF sensor and inlet hose(s) to the throttle body removed. So the air inlet hose would have to go below that.

I think for now I'm going to continue on with the Windsor inlet and see if I can get it going. I don't really like the idea of cutting holes in Big Blue, either for an external snorkel or into the cowl.

Gary, that was my thought for several reasons. (a) high pressure area (b) high enough that you would need hip waders to drive © should also reduce dust ingestion on dry dirt roads.

Great minds working together! Somewhere, I read that in a multitude of counsellors there is safety. :nabble_anim_handshake:

David - I think that might be Proverbs, and specifically 11:14.

Bill - The cowl induction idea is possible, but I'm thinking that this approach is going to work:

Aluminum_Vees_For_Windsor_Intake.thumb.jpg.0ce91414dd5bd00f8a7967ebf915ee7f.jpgAluminum_Vees_Glued_On_One_Side.thumb.jpg.9aa88cdb1baaa1ad058852df691a4caf.jpg

Gary I like your plan and I share your opinion about cutting into the firewall (or anywhere else) without a compelling reason and lack of other options.

I don’t know if the 460 starter is vulnerable like the 6.9, but I would consider carrying a spare on trips where deep water is a possibility.

Gary I like your plan and I share your opinion about cutting into the firewall (or anywhere else) without a compelling reason and lack of other options.

I don’t know if the 460 starter is vulnerable like the 6.9, but I would consider carrying a spare on trips where deep water is a possibility.

Hadn't thought about a spare starter, but that's not a bad idea. Especially since the one on there's a Powermaster. (What could go wrong, right? :nabble_smiley_evil:)

Yep, I fully understood. But since I can put a stock PMGR in place of this one with no changes I'll run it until it dies.

When you are out on a trail nothing is readily available or local unless you brought it with you! I’ve had enough failures of simple parts that I carry a paranoid amount of spares with me when I go way out from civilization ha ha…. I don’t typically carry a spare starter, but I have had the habit of parking nose down hill just in case (for roll starting).