Bullnose Forums

1980-1982 F-100/350 Heater Control Non A/C with Aux Fuel

Yes, I have one here somewhere in my parts bin with a E2 engineering number on the faceplate.

It looks exactly the same as the 1980/1981 version except ...

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

COOL TEMPERATURE WARM

Weird hmmm?

I had a 1982 control panel in my 1980, so I went back and looked at the pictures. Sure enough, it says Cool Temperature Warm.

I’m really surprised that Ford would make such a minor change when it sure cost something to do so. :nabble_smiley_oh:

Ford did some weird things though.

My opinion is they changed certain things to appeal people more to the new year model.

I can imagine salesmen stating, "Don't buy that one! It's a year old, see the differences!"

Only thing I can think of.

Ford did some weird things though.

My opinion is they changed certain things to appeal people more to the new year model.

I can imagine salesmen stating, "Don't buy that one! It's a year old, see the differences!"

Only thing I can think of.

Not having script is not so good for those who are fully color blind... and since there already was text on the plates, only one silkscreen would need modified/replaced... not an expensive change in the long run. Perhaps this was a change to cater to such (or to market themselves as "accommodating the disabled").