Bullnose Forums

The outside color combo of that truck is amazing, in my opinion. I wouldn't change it at all.

My plans are to keep it as original as possible. I'm going to try and find red seats with a center console for it. I would love to have a centurion wooden center console but that will be hard to find.

Fantastic truck! I have seen only a few with that two-tone pin stripe pattern with the little downward pointing tip at the front of the fender. I like it. Seems like it was only 85/86’s that had it.

The interior shots of your truck are interesting. My 86 crew cab has oak door panel inserts and oak headliner trim above the doors that looks almost identical. I always assumed it was home-made, but perhaps it was a mass produced aftermarket option from Centurion? My truck was not Centurion modified that I know of.

Your turbo kit is an ATS 085 model. It is a non-wastegated type with a really high area ratio exhaust housing (A/R 1.1 or so if I remember right). It takes a good bit of rpm’s to get it to spool up. If the previous owner turned up the fuel on the injection pump it would cause some smoke until the turbo kicks in to clean it up and is the trade off for more power once it does hit spooling rpm. If it is black/grey haze you might want to back off a little on the fuel. If you are seeing white/grey foul smelling smoke then you probably have one or more injectors that are dripping, streaming instead of atomizing fuel, or have a weak spring and a pop pressure lower than the others. The pre-cup design is incredibly forgiving, but even that has limits.

Welcome to the group. As admin assistant I have to ask again if you saw Gary’s post asking to acknowledge the forum guidelines? Thank you for sharing your project with us.

Fantastic truck! I have seen only a few with that two-tone pin stripe pattern with the little downward pointing tip at the front of the fender. I like it. Seems like it was only 85/86’s that had it.

The interior shots of your truck are interesting. My 86 crew cab has oak door panel inserts and oak headliner trim above the doors that looks almost identical. I always assumed it was home-made, but perhaps it was a mass produced aftermarket option from Centurion? My truck was not Centurion modified that I know of.

Your turbo kit is an ATS 085 model. It is a non-wastegated type with a really high area ratio exhaust housing (A/R 1.1 or so if I remember right). It takes a good bit of rpm’s to get it to spool up. If the previous owner turned up the fuel on the injection pump it would cause some smoke until the turbo kicks in to clean it up and is the trade off for more power once it does hit spooling rpm. If it is black/grey haze you might want to back off a little on the fuel. If you are seeing white/grey foul smelling smoke then you probably have one or more injectors that are dripping, streaming instead of atomizing fuel, or have a weak spring and a pop pressure lower than the others. The pre-cup design is incredibly forgiving, but even that has limits.

Welcome to the group. As admin assistant I have to ask again if you saw Gary’s post asking to acknowledge the forum guidelines? Thank you for sharing your project with us.

Thanks for all the information. It's not easy to find information on this truck. The only time I heard the turbo and felt a little gain in hp was on the highway. The truck has 410 diff gears so at 100km per hour it was reving pretty high. I would like to try and find a aftermarket overdrive for it eventually.

I do believe my smoke is coming from a bad injector. There is a slight miss sometimes and injector knock on one cylinder.

When I was purchasing the truck the seller was unsure if it was a centurion, so I asked him to send a picture of the stickers on the inside of the door.

IMG_53391.jpg.5c6a196e1c5fce3a85b3ac9d31f7e0dd.jpg

And there it was . I was very excited after that picture.

I do acknowledge the forums guidelines and agree with them.

Thanks for all the information. It's not easy to find information on this truck. The only time I heard the turbo and felt a little gain in hp was on the highway. The truck has 410 diff gears so at 100km per hour it was reving pretty high. I would like to try and find a aftermarket overdrive for it eventually.

I do believe my smoke is coming from a bad injector. There is a slight miss sometimes and injector knock on one cylinder.

When I was purchasing the truck the seller was unsure if it was a centurion, so I asked him to send a picture of the stickers on the inside of the door.

Welcome!

I have the same drivetrain, minus the turbo. 7.3 IDI, C6, 4.10 gears. I got around the high rpms by installing a gearvendors OD unit. Now I can haul with 6 gears. I highly recommend it.

I read the whole thread Eylza Dual-little is a very nice truck. I would love to get alcoa rims for my truck but I thought they would not fit. The bolts seem to be at there maximum width. I have only 2 or 3 threads left. 20221019_183224.jpg.9f8f9542bcc9a3b50ce2a6a37e9cd296.jpg

Do the alcoa rims fit all dual rear wheel bull nose trucks