Bullnose Forums

New Guy in E. Tennessee

chucketn

Starting in '84, if I remember correctly, Ford had a 351HO and it had the DS-II ignition system. So a distributor for one of those would do the job. But you'll still need the DS-II ignition module and the wiring that plugs into the main harness.

So to answer your question, yes the parts store might have the right distributor. And it will have a vacuum advance. Must have a vacuum advance, as the ones w/o are computer controlled.

Gary, what do you think of this manual?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283878509420?hash=item42187a4b6c%3Ag%3ABngAAOSwPFZevdK3&fits=Year%3A1983%7CModel%3AF-150%7CMake%3AFord#vi-desc-maincntr

Or, what would you recommend?

Chuck

That manual is odd. It says it is a "1980-1989 Ford Truck Parts Manuals on CD", not a shop manual. However on the front of it are the words "Factory OEM Shop Manual".

I recommend the factory shop, like you can see on eBay here. But we have a lot of it here on the site.

Rock Auto has a CD by Graham. It’s a licensed copy of Ford FSMs.

I would recommend it. And keep an eye out on ebay for a paper manual as I assume Gary linked, I didn’t look at that link, :nabble_smiley_blush:

And a Gary said, there’s a lot of info here!

Rock Auto has a CD by Graham. It’s a licensed copy of Ford FSMs.

I would recommend it. And keep an eye out on ebay for a paper manual as I assume Gary linked, I didn’t look at that link, :nabble_smiley_blush:

And a Gary said, there’s a lot of info here!

Thanks Grumpin! CD ordered.

Chuck