Bullnose Forums

40/20/40 in a 1986 Regular Cab

SeaJay

Gary, Axe H looks to be a crucial item for all these measurements.

I am wondering how to precisely mark it on the seat, since this one isn't made of perfect flat surfaces.

This Axe seems also to touch the rear rail end, when seat in its full rear position (my red arrow).

Probably not easy to determine the good position of your green circle, under real life conditions...

:nabble_anim_confused:

Jeff - I agree that H is crucial. But I don't know how to measure it. After zooming in on the PDF it turns out that the circle isn't truly at the point where the seat bottom meets the seat back. It is actually a bit farther forward, and since I was measuring on Big Blue right to the joint and came up short of leg room it means it is even shorter than I thought. But I don't know how to measure other than to that joint.

As for the rear of the seat rail, I think that is just happenstance. They didn't point to that in the drawing, so I think it is a fluke.

And yes, it is difficult to measure in real life. But I probably happen to have the ideal setup in which to do that as I have Dad's truck that has nothing in the cab so it is easy to measure to the cab itself and not the trim. And because I have seats bolted into Big Blue with a Ford seat platform. I may not have the seats in the perfect position with respect to front/rear and angle, but I have them in a very workable position. And I'm sure they are in the correct position side-to-side as I used the factory holes in the platform.

Don't miss the new thread called Big Blue's Seat Platform. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Truck_Seat_Measurements_-_Closeup.thumb.jpg.f87632bf95b32e1cc59bb6e05f203d1c.jpg

• 10 months later...