Bullnose Forums

Best Way To Seal Fuel Tank Opening

Yes, I don’t blame you. I was assuming you could see the o ring if it popped out.

If you can get that pressure on it, I think that’s a good idea.

I can't see that the o-ring has popped out now and it leaks. So I want to test it before I raise it back up.

And, thinking about it, the silicone is the least "final" approach, meaning that if it doesn't work I can move on to the Permatex approach. So I think I'll start with that.

I can't see that the o-ring has popped out now and it leaks. So I want to test it before I raise it back up.

And, thinking about it, the silicone is the least "final" approach, meaning that if it doesn't work I can move on to the Permatex approach. So I think I'll start with that.

6CE8C3C9-35D0-47F0-9819-2E7CE4B4E2C2.jpeg.3b4209b2059eb3143f95795a80f84b0a.jpeg

Aloha Gary,

My “patch job” of the filler tank hose where I sandwiched this permatex between the filler hose and a section of radiator hose (cut down its length to wrap over the filler hose) is still holding and no fuel is leaking when I fill up my tank.

Aloha Gary,

My “patch job” of the filler tank hose where I sandwiched this permatex between the filler hose and a section of radiator hose (cut down its length to wrap over the filler hose) is still holding and no fuel is leaking when I fill up my tank.

Yes, that Permatex does really well around fuel. I've used it many times - and may again this time. We shall see.

Yes, that Permatex does really well around fuel. I've used it many times - and may again this time. We shall see.

Time for an update. I documented what I did in Big Blue's Transformation thread, but the short answer is that I used the Permatex Pipe Joint Compound. However, you should read how I tested it and what else I found. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I thank all of you for the input. But when I got in there and couldn't find a smoking gun I decided something more that silicone grease was needed.