Bullnose Forums

Radius arm bushing questions

Obtained brake pads and an impact gun... and 10 hours later it's done on both sides.

Didn't take too many pics... but there was a complication on the driver's side:

:nabble_smiley_oh_no:

No amount of heat, liquid wrench, and vice grips would make it budge. Tried a screw extractor (which self-destructed)... ended up grinding past the broken extractor and drilled it out. I happened to have a nut and bolt in the junk pile that fit the bill:

Driver's side brakes looked a lot better... a lot less de-rusting (sanding) needed. Appears I used anti-seize there but not on the passenger side when I installed the last set of pads three years ago :nabble_head-slap-23_orig:.

The Poly spring isolators did indeed fit:

The Silent Stop pads are semi-metallic and they fit great. No filing required (unlike the centric pads that came off :nabble_poo-23_orig:). And on the test drive they were mostly quiet (one chirp, but that may have been something else).

I am exhausted... What a day. At least it's done. Other than getting the alignment rechecked (as the radius arm bushings may have changed wheel position slightly, which could have affected the toe).

5 month update (visited here to grab a link): The brake pads are a fail. They make groaning noises (grabby) sometimes and other times squeal like stuck pigs. "Silent stop"... :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_poo-23_orig::nabble_money-flying-23_orig:

Not bad enough to make me replace them, but I'm not buying that brand again!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 month update (visited here to grab a link): The brake pads are a fail. They make groaning noises (grabby) sometimes and other times squeal like stuck pigs. "Silent stop"... :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_poo-23_orig::nabble_money-flying-23_orig:

Bummer!

Yikes! Not good. Bummer!