Bullnose Forums

Camping Gear Needs for Big Blue's Overlanding Trip

Well, I sent a note to Mpowerd and asked why I hadn't heard back after sending them the link to the video and they replied today and said:

Thank you for reaching out. We sent a follow up e-mail on Friday the 28th at 5:30pm. We are really sorry that you have not received our email. Our response is pasted again below for you:

Thank you so much for sending us the video so we could better assist you. This light is a Model A light which has the USB at the end of the cord rather than our new version of the Lucí Solar string lights that have USB on the actual light. We are so sorry for the confusion. When you mentioned that you had that "white lights" we were under the impression that you had the White colored solar string lights. The port on the body of the String light is only used to charge out. You cannot charge the String Light using that port. That port is only used to charge other devices.

We take accountability for our error we are so deeply sorry about this. To express our apology we'd love offer you a 50% off coupon code that you can use on our website. Please let us know if you are open to receive this or have any questions at all. We are here to assist.

So I looked through my email, including the spam folder, and did not find the one they mentioned. However, I did find three emails today from them: one saying thanks for your order; one saying welcome to the club; and one saying your order has shipped to Gary Lewis in California. And it had the wrong phone number!

But I haven't ordered anything!

I called the number in CA and left them a message that I have an email saying their package has shipped and gave them my number. And I emailed Mpowerd that they appear to have their wires crossed and are at least sending me someone else's messages and are probably sending them my messages. But I would like the 50% discount.

:nabble_anim_crazy:

Well, there's a 50% discount and then there's a 50% discount. Turns out there are several ways to buy the Luci Base, but the discount only works on the Mpowerd website where the price is higher - much higher.

• Mpowerd website: Costs $54.95 list, so it would be $27.48 plus $12.50 for shipping for $39.98

• Amazon: $34.95 & free delivery.

I'm thinking that the 50% discount is irrelevant. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Well, there's a 50% discount and then there's a 50% discount. Turns out there are several ways to buy the Luci Base, but the discount only works on the Mpowerd website where the price is higher - much higher.

• Mpowerd website: Costs $54.95 list, so it would be $27.48 plus $12.50 for shipping for $39.98

• Amazon: $34.95 & free delivery.

I'm thinking that the 50% discount is irrelevant. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Man, that’s messed up!

Man, that’s messed up!

Yes, it is messed up. And it doesn't end there. I got an email from Mpowerd today that gave me the discount code and nothing else. No "We are sorry that you got the other person's email. We've figured out the problem and corrected it. But thanks a bunch for letting us know." My reply was:

Sam - Thanks, but no comment on me getting someone else's emails?

As for the 50% off, that doesn't appear to be a good deal to me. Here's my analysis on the Luci Base:

Mpowerd website: Costs $54.95 list, so it would be $27.48 plus $12.50 for shipping for $39.98

Amazon: $34.95 & free delivery.

So thanks, but no thanks.