Bullnose Forums

1986 F150 Supercab on Ebay - Trivia question...

The firewall has the hole for computer wiring, so this was more than likely an EFI truck. But since the computer moved to the driver's kick panel in 1987, this would mean the cab is a bullnose cab.

That oval hole was there even without EFI. Without EFI or feedback carb, there was usually just a rubber plug in it. My '84 had it, and I want to say they showed up in 1983, or it was a mid-year change in 1983. But yes, definitely gone in 1987.

I think it's a Bullnose cab with the 92-96 windows somehow grafted on. The ad says it's original paint, but there are no fender badges, and no holes either, so aftermarket fenders likely.

Oddly though...the cab looks like it has the high tunnel cover that showed up in 1988 with the 5spds. Maybe not, but that's what it looks like. If he swapped in a later model carpet, he probably had to also swap in the taller tunnel cover.

I dunno. Oh well, something changed somewhere along the line;).

_1.jpg.303af46c732f43cc373ae2361653e2f7.jpg

The ad says it's original paint, but there are no fender badges, and no holes

either, so aftermarket fenders likely.

Does that look like clear coat peeling though? As opposed to patina/weathering? Hard to tell on my phone.

Also, the bottom lip of the tailgate isn't red.

Also hard to say if the firewall is the same red. Almost looks like a Med Canyon vs Light but too many other factors to really say.

We need a door sticker! :nabble_smiley_happy:

The firewall has the hole for computer wiring, so this was more than likely an EFI truck. But since the computer moved to the driver's kick panel in 1987, this would mean the cab is a bullnose cab.

That oval hole was there even without EFI. Without EFI or feedback carb, there was usually just a rubber plug in it. My '84 had it, and I want to say they showed up in 1983, or it was a mid-year change in 1983. But yes, definitely gone in 1987.

I mainly put EFI assuming it was a carb swapped 302. But upon further reading the ad, I realized it said 351 HO, which obviously didn't come with EFI on a bullnose.