Bullnose Forums

1986 F150 Supercab on Ebay - Trivia question...

What's not right? The gray interior with the red? The way too long upper radiator hose? The new master cylinder? http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/thinking-26_orig.jpg

The Supercab rear window is from a 1992-1996 F series. Bullnose has the two narrow windows. I probably wouldn't have noticed but Scott pointed it out one time on a truck that had been Bullnose swapped. I'm not an expert on Supercabs though, so maybe I'm crazy and one of you will correct me. The ad says the truck is all original though, so who knows.

1994_ford_f-150_extended-cab-pickup_xlt_fq_oem_1_1280x855.jpg.3eea5901f5ed5689bbde2a259d7ff638.jpg

What's not right? The gray interior with the red? The way too long upper radiator hose? The new master cylinder? :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

The Supercab rear window is from a 1992-1996 F series. Bullnose has the two narrow windows. I probably wouldn't have noticed but Scott pointed it out one time on a truck that had been Bullnose swapped. I'm not an expert on Supercabs though, so maybe I'm crazy and one of you will correct me. The ad says the truck is all original though, so who knows.

Interesting! I didn't catch that, although I do remember Scott pointing it out, now that you mentioned it.

Interesting! I didn't catch that, although I do remember Scott pointing it out, now that you mentioned it.

Hmmm :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

I've never inspected a later model to look at how the glass hooks in and if it's [easily] swappable.

Wish they showed more of the interior to see if it has the 3pt seatbelts in the back or the corner speakers. They would have had to do some interior trim changes since the 86 plastic would have the window divider built in.

If they did a full cab swap, it looks like a well done job from the photos at least.

Good eye!

Hmmm :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

I've never inspected a later model to look at how the glass hooks in and if it's [easily] swappable.

Wish they showed more of the interior to see if it has the 3pt seatbelts in the back or the corner speakers. They would have had to do some interior trim changes since the 86 plastic would have the window divider built in.

If they did a full cab swap, it looks like a well done job from the photos at least.

Good eye!

There are not enough photos to be able to conclusively tell what is going on here. I can verify that the doors are definitely bullnose, but I'm suspicious about the cab. The bottom corner below the striker looks more like an 87-96 cab. I don't know enough about Bullnose supercabs to make that call though.

The rear bumper is 1987-1991.

The wiper motor is bullnose, and from my own experience they do not just bolt in to a 1987-1996 cab. You have to modify the firewall to accept the older wiper motor.

The firewall has the hole for computer wiring, so this was more than likely an EFI truck. But since the computer moved to the driver's kick panel in 1987, this would mean the cab is a bullnose cab.

There are not enough photos to be able to conclusively tell what is going on here. I can verify that the doors are definitely bullnose, but I'm suspicious about the cab. The bottom corner below the striker looks more like an 87-96 cab. I don't know enough about Bullnose supercabs to make that call though.

The wiper motor is bullnose, and from my own experience they do not just bolt in to a 1987-1996 cab. You have to modify the firewall to accept the older wiper motor.

The firewall has the hole for computer wiring, so this was more than likely an EFI truck. But since the computer moved to the driver's kick panel in 1987, this would mean the cab is a bullnose cab.

I think all the cabs from around '84 had the hole for the computer wiring. Big Blue, which came with the 460, had that hole as that's where I ran the wiring when I went EFI.

I was looking at that b pillar also. Looks like that bulge for the seatbelt release thing is there.

I think all the cabs from around '84 had the hole for the computer wiring. Big Blue, which came with the 460, had that hole as that's where I ran the wiring when I went EFI.

I think it was whenever they started the computer-controlled ignition/feedback carbs. I seem to remember my 1982 parts truck having a slim computer under the seat, so it may have even been then.

Either way, I think that hole went away by 1987 because my 1990 doesn't have it.

I think it was whenever they started the computer-controlled ignition/feedback carbs. I seem to remember my 1982 parts truck having a slim computer under the seat, so it may have even been then.

Either way, I think that hole went away by 1987 because my 1990 doesn't have it.

Good point. The '82 cab I put on Dad's truck has a round hole, but by the time they got really serious the hole had evolved to an oval, like on Big Blue. (Which may be a problem 'cause on Big Blue I wired the connector for the ECU and passed it through the larger hole. But that's not going to happen with the smaller hole, so I may have to open it up.)