Bullnose Forums

New Member Today

Dan63

Hello - Came across this site online too many times to not join.

Mine is a 1980 Bronco, 351M. I'm the second owner. This one is one of the oddballs, all the way down to the strange wiring. Build date per the VIN decal is 01/80. I've owned it for almost ten years. It's interesting for the has/has nots I've found on it, like Cruise Control but no pin switch in the passenger door for courtesy lights. The oddball wiring has been a pure joy to work with. I'm not a purist, so there have been some changes - Holley carb, Edelbrock intake, MSD ignition from the distributor out, electric fans. Currently in the back yard for some much delayed maintenance and changes, including a complete interior redo with captain's chairs from the 86 F250 that also lives in my back yard.

I look forward to catching whatever I can as far as tech info and hints, and I'll be more that happy to share what I have.

Yeah, 1980 is a one-year wonder concerning wiring.

I'll bet there are wires back there for the passenger-side switch you're talking about, but that option apparently wasn't ordered so you ain't got one, you're not alone. ;)

Why the MSD ignition?

Yeah, 1980 is a one-year wonder concerning wiring.

I'll bet there are wires back there for the passenger-side switch you're talking about, but that option apparently wasn't ordered so you ain't got one, you're not alone. ;)

Why the MSD ignition?

No wires, no hole in the door jamb.

The hole has to be drilled, but it would have expected the wires to be behind the jamb. But what do I know?

I know there are a few extra pigtails here and there for accessories and/or options, but there must have been different harnesses used in the various optioned trucks. My radio delete truck has no wiring for a radio or speakers that I can find (in full disclosure, I haven't looked very hard either, but there's certainly nothing in obvious view).