Bullnose Forums

Transfer case shifter boot

Gsmblue

The ring sits on the boot, under the carpet.

The boot is really in bad shape. Ideally I would find a new boot, pull the carpet up, sound deaden the floor and then install the boot/ring/new trim I just got on ebay and put the carpet back.

I doubt that will happen this year... probably a spring project..

Mine originally had plastic flooring hiding the stamped steel ring over the last lip of the boot, held down by 4 Phillips screws going into the tunnel cover plate. I've never seen the 7E074 seal, on any '80-86 truck.

• 1 month later...

The boot is really in bad shape. Ideally I would find a new boot, pull the carpet up, sound deaden the floor and then install the boot/ring/new trim I just got on ebay and put the carpet back.

Hey Gsmblue,

Did you ever find this shifter boot? I happened to obtain a transfer case shifter boot out of a 1982 Bronco recently, and I do not need it. It is the boot on the left in the picture below, and it still has the stamped steel plate on the bottom. If you're interested in it, let me know. If not, then no worries.

IMG_5751.jpg.62bc2f9734aead06aa6c5a1938bd3f5c.jpg

Hey Gsmblue,

Did you ever find this shifter boot? I happened to obtain a transfer case shifter boot out of a 1982 Bronco recently, and I do not need it. It is the boot on the left in the picture below, and it still has the stamped steel plate on the bottom. If you're interested in it, let me know. If not, then no worries.

PS: I should clarify...

The boot on the left was supposedly removed from a 1982 Bronco...I did not see the vehicle myself, and I'm only assuming that it is the transfer case shifter boot (Otherwise there would have also been a trans shifter boot included with it?). The boot on the right is NOT from the same Bronco....it is there for comparison only.

• 2 years later...

Hey Gsmblue,

Resurrection time... did you ever sell that transfer case boot?

• 2 years later...

Hey Gsmblue,

Hi

Do you still have the extra shifter boot?

Hi

Do you still have the extra shifter boot?

You apparently missed the email I just sent you asking you to post an introduction in the New Members Start Here folder. That is important as you'll get to see our guidelines when you do, and we hold everyone to them so you need to read them.

Don't worry, plenty of people miss that step, but please follow through so we can answer your questions.