Bullnose Forums

Rear Bumper Recommendation

Machspeed

Goodness. I didn't realize re-chroming was so pricey.

My friend had a piece of trim done for his 55 f100 and that was 400 bucks by itself.

Rehashing this old thread! After the truck show yesterday, decided it was time to acquire a new diamond step bumper. Not liking what I've found in the aftermarket arena. Westin looks good but is missing the cut outs that contour the rear of the truck. Maybe there is a better aftermarket piece?

I've read that bumpers from 80-96 are interchangeable, is this correct?

I've also heard that Ford produced an all chrome diamond step bumper without the black bumper pad. Is this true and if so, what year?

I'm thinking we need a bumper section in our Documentation that answers some of the above. If I overlooked it, I may take this on with forum help!

Rehashing this old thread! After the truck show yesterday, decided it was time to acquire a new diamond step bumper. Not liking what I've found in the aftermarket arena. Westin looks good but is missing the cut outs that contour the rear of the truck. Maybe there is a better aftermarket piece?

I've also heard that Ford produced an all chrome diamond step bumper without the black bumper pad. Is this true and if so, what year?

I'm thinking we need a bumper section in our Documentation that answers some of the above. If I overlooked it, I may take this on with forum help!

We have a page on bumpers: Documentation/Exterior/Bumpers. It may not have all your answers but should be a good start.

In our chat yesterday, I'd have gone to the grave saying I've seen a chromed step just like the insert version but without the inserts. According to that doc from Gary, not seeing it there :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

Still going to keep an eye out and it gives me an excuse to go back to the jy!

In our chat yesterday, I'd have gone to the grave saying I've seen a chromed step just like the insert version but without the inserts. According to that doc from Gary, not seeing it there :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

Still going to keep an eye out and it gives me an excuse to go back to the jy!

Thanks Scott, appreciate ya! BTW, it looks like the black bumper pad is being made. NPD shows Scott drake parts while LMG advertises them but no specified manufacture.

Thanks Scott, appreciate ya! BTW, it looks like the black bumper pad is being made. NPD shows Scott drake parts while LMG advertises them but no specified manufacture.

I believe 1987 is when Ford started offering rear bumpers with a plastic pad as that's what my dad's 1987 F150 had.