Bullnose Forums

Advice for buying this 86’ f250

barmstrong

This makes total sense to me. Going to talk to the guy over the phone again and basically say what you’ve said here. He seems to not be getting many bites as its been listed for a little while, so maybe he will consider spending a couple hundred to get that radiator issue fixed. I hear you for sure when you say for 7500 I should be able to drive the thing 2 hours home. Thanks for the advice.

the biggest issue i see is the location. if it has been anywhere north of maryland for its life then i would heavily scrutinize the frame, brackets. exhaust, floor pans, heck even the chrome bumpers. i have seen many that were so rusted that the chrome was practically all that was left. another place to really inspect is the core support ( the front wall that the radiator is bolted to) behind the battery and look deep with a flashlight. this area is known for rotting out along with the battery tray ( which on this model goes under the fender liner and NEVER gets cleaned of any salt) . needless to say northern trucks are a worry. if its spotless then it may be a good buy at 6k. but if there is rust where they are showing it then there is more! believe me!