Bullnose Forums

Wheel Arch Trim

Machspeed

I've seen this a couple of times and have wondered about it??? The XLT's have a side trim and I don't believe wheel arch trim. My XL has only wheel arch trim. Posted below is an XLT with the appropriate trim and the wheel arch trim. Is this correct? And no, I absolutely am not looking to do this to my truck!

Speaking of wheel arch trim, I need to replace a couple. Are the re-pops any good?

Chrome_Trim.jpg.dc50a0f455e77d77378f27cb12ea8067.jpg

John - I think you are looking at is something that someone kludged together. I say that because the way I read the options from the dealer fact books the wheel lip moulding can't be added to the packages that had the higher trim.

I realize that truck isn't an '85, but these pages from the '85 dealer fact book seems to support my understanding:

John - I think you are looking at is something that someone kludged together. I say that because the way I read the options from the dealer fact books the wheel lip moulding can't be added to the packages that had the higher trim.

I realize that truck isn't an '85, but these pages from the '85 dealer fact book seems to support my understanding:

Yeah, the two wheel arch (lip and upper arch) didn't come together though, like that truck, people often added the lip trim. Looks a bit busy on the chrome to me but to each his own.

Yeah, the two wheel arch (lip and upper arch) didn't come together though, like that truck, people often added the lip trim. Looks a bit busy on the chrome to me but to each his own.

Thanks gentlemen, I thought so. I've seen it a few times and have been curious. As you said Scott, to each his own.

Thoughts on those re-pop wheel arch trim? Worth purchasing or garbage?

Thanks gentlemen, I thought so. I've seen it a few times and have been curious. As you said Scott, to each his own.

Did you find a kit for the wheel lip molding?

Looking on Dennis Carpenter and LMC (which is no doubt the DC offering), they only have the passenger front :nabble_smiley_uh:

If it's like the arch trim a PO added to my former 1995 Chevy Astro, it collected water at the seam and rotted the fender out like there was no tomorrow. Heck no!

But if it's a stock replacement and strikes your fancy, up to you.

If it's like the arch trim a PO added to my former 1995 Chevy Astro, it collected water at the seam and rotted the fender out like there was no tomorrow. Heck no!

But if it's a stock replacement and strikes your fancy, up to you.

i have been generally happy with the set i get from npd. i have used this set a few times and though they are not perfect ,they do look very good.