Bullnose Forums

Dana 44 TTB slip yoke not slipping

It's the part where the arrow points and says 3k330, except when I look for that, it's the whole slip yoke assembly again, not just the little just cap seal ring. I looked again on mine, and there is no number or anything stamped into it.

I think the only way to figure this out is for you to find or figure out the number on the axle. From that I can give you the complete parts list.

To find the number go to Documentation/Axles & Differentials and then go to the Front Axles & Differentials tab followed by the Application List tab. At the top of the page you'll see an illustration that shows where the tag is on the diff. If that is still available then post a pic or the details here.

If not, scroll down to about Page 10 and you'll be in the F150 4WD area and see if you can figure out which parts list it is based on gear ratio and manufacturing date.

Once you know the parts list number you can go back up to the top and click on the Parts Lists tab and then select the appropriate tab. Or, give me the number and I can do it.

I think the only way to figure this out is for you to find or figure out the number on the axle. From that I can give you the complete parts list.

To find the number go to Documentation/Axles & Differentials and then go to the Front Axles & Differentials tab followed by the Application List tab. At the top of the page you'll see an illustration that shows where the tag is on the diff. If that is still available then post a pic or the details here.

If not, scroll down to about Page 10 and you'll be in the F150 4WD area and see if you can figure out which parts list it is based on gear ratio and manufacturing date.

Once you know the parts list number you can go back up to the top and click on the Parts Lists tab and then select the appropriate tab. Or, give me the number and I can do it.

Thanks, Gary. The tag is still there. Here's a pic. https://imgur.com/a/kRj8zzz

It reads:

4. e6ta-ca

610251 3

The reference page reads:

E6TA-CA

r/b E6TA 3002 - CB

Dana ID Number: 610251-3

Ratio: 3.54

Free Run Hub: No-Man

Limited Slip: No

Dana Model No: 44

Capacity: 3550

Parts List: 30.3CC

On the parts list, Page 36 has

Boot (inner shaft to slip yoke) 3A429-B

E3TZ 3A429B

that's the closest thing I can find, but I think that might be the rubber boot, not the little dust cap.

Here's a picture of it next to the slip yoke that it goes on:

J8xqhbF.jpeg.2e2adcf674f0c2fff1bb1504cb14507a.jpeg

Thanks, Gary. The tag is still there. Here's a pic. https://imgur.com/a/kRj8zzz

It reads:

4. e6ta-ca

610251 3

The reference page reads:

E6TA-CA

r/b E6TA 3002 - CB

Dana ID Number: 610251-3

Ratio: 3.54

Free Run Hub: No-Man

Limited Slip: No

Dana Model No: 44

Capacity: 3550

Parts List: 30.3CC

On the parts list, Page 36 has

Boot (inner shaft to slip yoke) 3A429-B

E3TZ 3A429B

that's the closest thing I can find, but I think that might be the rubber boot, not the little dust cap.

Here's a picture of it next to the slip yoke that it goes on:

What about 3A460? SEAL ASSY. (FRONT AXLE SLIP YOKE)

3A460.thumb.jpg.5e5142cb99d48c9a24c3c42acced6604.jpg

What about 3A460? SEAL ASSY. (FRONT AXLE SLIP YOKE)

Well, if that's the one, it's e3tz-3a460-B and it doesn't seem to exist anywhere. RearCounter shows that a dealership in Kansas might have the last two that exist? LOL!

https://www.rearcounter.com/E3TZ-3A460-B-parts90040.html

Given that this is a dust cap that sits inside of a sealed boot that will be filled with grease, I wonder if it's even necessary to have it? The only function it would serve is to keep more grease on the splines of the slip yoke as it moves. I could try to straighten out the mangled one and put it back on and button it up, I guess.

Thanks for all the help!

Well, if that's the one, it's e3tz-3a460-B and it doesn't seem to exist anywhere. RearCounter shows that a dealership in Kansas might have the last two that exist? LOL!

https://www.rearcounter.com/E3TZ-3A460-B-parts90040.html

Given that this is a dust cap that sits inside of a sealed boot that will be filled with grease, I wonder if it's even necessary to have it? The only function it would serve is to keep more grease on the splines of the slip yoke as it moves. I could try to straighten out the mangled one and put it back on and button it up, I guess.

Thanks for all the help!

You might try searching for it in several formats, such as e3tz-3a460-B and "e3tz 3a460-B" and e3tz3a460B. Some people don't adhere to the MPC format of e3tz 3a460-B.

Also it might be listed under the ID#, which may be on it, and that is E3TA 4A460-CA.

:nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

You might try searching for it in several formats, such as e3tz-3a460-B and "e3tz 3a460-B" and e3tz3a460B. Some people don't adhere to the MPC format of e3tz 3a460-B.

Also it might be listed under the ID#, which may be on it, and that is E3TA 4A460-CA.

:nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, no luck. Thanks for helping me to navigate the parts lists, though! Seems like it will be a good skill for the next project.