Bullnose Forums

Vintage Air for 80-86 Bullnoses

The Vintage Air company is in the process of developing the AC for 80-86 bulls. My neighbor is one of their engineers and asked me to borrow a couple of my bulls for 3-4 months to be used in their R&D. From what he said, they’re expecting to launch their product line in the fall.

The Vintage Air company is in the process of developing the AC for 80-86 bulls. My neighbor is one of their engineers and asked me to borrow a couple of my bulls for 3-4 months to be used in their R&D. From what he said, they’re expecting to launch their product line in the fall.

Sounds good, maybe you can tug on their ear and get them to release a AC only unit for those of us with dealer AC that just wants to replace the dealer AC unit behind the dash but retain the factory heater.

Still a step in the right direction, now if only I can bug Dakota Digital enough to get them to work on a RTX Retro series of cluster for our trucks preferably one with a 6,000 rpm tach and a 100 - 120 mph speedometer and not that 8,000 rpm tach and 160 mph speedometer.

I have helped a friend install one of their systems in a 1956 Dodge he built. One of the things I was impressed by, other than the rear axle and front suspension, he pretty well stuck with Mopar for the running gear. 360 A block and a 727 Torqueflite. Rear axle was a Ford 9" and front suspension a MustangII kit which really wasn't strong enough for the weight.

That was my first experience with Lokar for the throttle cables and shifter.

The Vintage Air unit he chose was a heater/AC combination that ended up occupying the glove box location. We left the door functional for access to the unit. Owner wanted it up there so it "didn't intrude" forgetting that on trucks of this vintage, the heater was an option and AC was aftermarket if at all. My 1958 F100 had the heater on the passenger side partially under the dash.