Bullnose Forums

Vent window frames [E0TZ-1021608-A & 1021609-A] - NOS

Has anyone actually ever installed/replaced these onto the vertical bar piece? Is this a total nightmare?

These come in and out easy - couple screws on top and the nut on the bottom. Even easier if you have the whole assembly out of the door. Saves your arm skin :nabble_smiley_beam:

Sounds like you are referring to the frame they go in though. I haven't removed the "flag" from the "pole" (best description I can think of) but I believe it's riveted on so could be removed/replaced if one really wanted to.

Same goes for the top pivot point on the actual glass frame (what is in the ebay listing). I removed mine to powdercoat them and bought some special shouldered rivets to reinstall.

Has anyone actually ever installed/replaced these onto the vertical bar piece? Is this a total nightmare?

We actually have a step-by-step on the site: Documentation/Interior/Doors/Vent Windows. And, in searching for that, I've just realized we also have the section from the factory shop manual on removal and installation of it here: Documentation/Body/Vent Window Mechanism. Maybe I need to connect the two?

We actually have a step-by-step on the site: Documentation/Interior/Doors/Vent Windows. And, in searching for that, I've just realized we also have the section from the factory shop manual on removal and installation of it here: Documentation/Body/Vent Window Mechanism. Maybe I need to connect the two?

I think linking (or even tabs) the two together is a great idea

I think linking (or even tabs) the two together is a great idea

In the interest of time I put a link on each page to the other.

But, we badly need someone with organizational capabilities to rationalize this place! I say that because it makes sense that vent windows would be in Documentation/Body rather than Documentation/Interior/Doors. Aren't vent windows both interior and exterior? Ditto doors? :nabble_smiley_cry:

Just work it into your spare time, Gary! :nabble_anim_crazy:

Yeah, right! If I did that then I'd have forgotten about it before time became available. (I think my memory used to be better, but I really can't remember.)

But it took me a while to find Cash's writeup 'cause it isn't logical to find it in Interior. Door locks maybe, but not really. So...