Bullnose Forums

Picture orientation

Let me say it differently to see if we are saying the same thing:

[...]

Does that fit with your understanding?

Gary- No, not what I do.

When typing, before posting, I do a preview.

Ooops! I realize one picture is badly oriented.

Then I go to the pictures library on my iPhone and open the faulty one. In fact, I see it correctly oriented on my iPhone screen.

So I modify it, forcing it to another orientation and save it that way (now, I see it badly oriented on my screen).

I re-open it and rotate it in order to view it in well oriented, and save it.

At that point, I usually feel losing my time, playing with the orientation of my picture that nevertheless appeared to me correctly oriented at the beginning :nabble_smiley_wink:

But the Forum detects that something changed.

I delete the picture in my post and do a new preview. It appears ok.

Then I post.

Interesting! Ok, thanks.

Interesting! Ok, thanks.

Gary, not sure about my theory, but I have the feeling that the Forum rename the picture each time it loads it.

If after it loaded it, I play with my original picture, it doesn't automatically detect it, I have to "reload" it (choose it again, choose the size and load).

At that point, the Forum gives a new name, for it, it is a different picture.

In my "last test" higher in this thread, the forum shows two different pictures, that in fact are a same one in my phone. Once loaded on the post, we have no control on that "clone", which have now its own life. We just can delete it.

Gary, not sure about my theory, but I have the feeling that the Forum rename the picture each time it loads it.

If after it loaded it, I play with my original picture, it doesn't automatically detect it, I have to "reload" it (choose it again, choose the size and load).

At that point, the Forum gives a new name, for it, it is a different picture.

In my "last test" higher in this thread, the forum shows two different pictures, that in fact are a same one in my phone. Once loaded on the post, we have no control on that "clone", which have now its own life. We just can delete it.

Jeff - How are you "inserting the image"? In the screengrab below I've circled two ways to do that. The red one where you use the system to go find the file on your computer/phone/cloud drive or the green one where you paste the url to the pic in. I use the red one most of the time.

And when I did that for the screengrab it created this code, obviously w/o the "" before and after: nabble_img src="Insert_Image_Dialog_with_Callouts.jpg" border="0"/. The name of the file on my One Drive is "Insert Image Dialog with Callouts" so you can see that's essentially the name the forum used.

And now that I've uploaded that file once I've used Paint to rotate it and added the rotated pic to this post as the 2nd instance. And when I previewed both instances were rotated. Then I rotated it back with Paint and saved it again and uploaded it the third time, and this time when I previewed it all three are properly rotated.

So what I thought I knew I didn't know. Or what I knew was wrong? :nabble_anim_crazy:

But apparently just because you "Upload" a file doesn't mean the system uploads it right then. Instead it seems that it just generates the HTML code that will do the uploading when you hit Post.

Insert_Image_Dialog_with_Callouts.jpg.91d49dcca0c3a0d04f5735c47d966d5b.jpg

Jeff - How are you "inserting the image"? In the screengrab below I've circled two ways to do that. The red one where you use the system to go find the file on your computer/phone/cloud drive or the green one where you paste the url to the pic in. I use the red one most of the time.

And when I did that for the screengrab it created this code, obviously w/o the "" before and after: nabble_img src="Insert_Image_Dialog_with_Callouts.jpg" border="0"/. The name of the file on my One Drive is "Insert Image Dialog with Callouts" so you can see that's essentially the name the forum used.

And now that I've uploaded that file once I've used Paint to rotate it and added the rotated pic to this post as the 2nd instance. And when I previewed both instances were rotated. Then I rotated it back with Paint and saved it again and uploaded it the third time, and this time when I previewed it all three are properly rotated.

So what I thought I knew I didn't know. Or what I knew was wrong? :nabble_anim_crazy:

But apparently just because you "Upload" a file doesn't mean the system uploads it right then. Instead it seems that it just generates the HTML code that will do the uploading when you hit Post.

Gary, it's interesting!

I use the "Choose File" button method (red circle). Same when I am on my computer.

When back home, I'll try from my desktop Mac. We'll see if it works same way than from your PC, while rotating with an app (Photoshop on my side).

Maybe it's a kind of «iOS-super protected-and-unreachable-from-outside» System structure?

Stay tuned!

:nabble_anim_working: