Bullnose Forums

Picture orientation

And here is the corrected picture, I did nothing else than just pasted it here:

Well, seems that if we do not replace the badly oriented picture with the good one, the Forum software detects that the corrected picture is different and do not load the modifications.

Even if the name isn't modified, there is something enough significant in the Metadata or in the iPhone file path that makes the Forum software consider the two pictures to be different ones.

I conclude that we have to replace the badly oriented picture by the corrected one before posting.

At least for iOS phones...

:nabble_anim_working:

Well, seems that if we do not replace the badly oriented picture with the good one, the Forum software detects that the corrected picture is different and do not load the modifications.

Even if the name isn't modified, there is something enough significant in the Metadata or in the iPhone file path that makes the Forum software consider the two pictures to be different ones.

I conclude that we have to replace the badly oriented picture by the corrected one before posting.

At least for iOS phones...

:nabble_anim_working:

Let me say it differently to see if we are saying the same thing:

• Same Post: As you type up a post if you upload a pic and then realize it isn't oriented properly then you have to change the name of the properly-oriented file when you upload it again or it won't change. And if you post the pic and then edit the post the same thing happens - you have to change the file name or it will revert to the original file.

• New Post: In a new post you can upload the edited file even if it has the same name as the old file as the forum software must be assigning a new name to it since it is a new post.

Does that fit with your understanding?

Jeff - Tell me more about what you did? Did you change the name of the picture?

Gary, I did nothing more than simply rotate it and save the modifications.

No more editing.

Just a last test.

Badly oriented:

0002DF57-AB5C-4112-8A80-F6D1AFE56E03.jpeg.34df880311e4211dabd914612add36a5.jpeg

And corrected:

0EA08ADE-2959-4997-AA80-8A9528DA4F06.jpeg.5633cdb2aad9b70058c7c9e2edbd8e99.jpeg

For Gary: This is how the Forum "tag" each of them (in my iPhone, this is the same file):

52ED31EB-07D2-4A45-9C47-C55E5BB34184.jpeg.9aa3bf8bd6cbb0a57a2a55592964cf46.jpeg

Just a last test.

Badly oriented:

And corrected:

For Gary: This is how the Forum "tag" each of them (in my iPhone, this is the same file):

Yes, the names are different. But if you were to edit either of the files, save it under the same name, and then edit your post and upload the edited pic in place of the original I think you'll still have the original.

Does that make sense?

Let me say it differently to see if we are saying the same thing:

[...]

Does that fit with your understanding?

Gary- No, not what I do.

When typing, before posting, I do a preview.

Ooops! I realize one picture is badly oriented.

Then I go to the pictures library on my iPhone and open the faulty one. In fact, I see it correctly oriented on my iPhone screen.

So I modify it, forcing it to another orientation and save it that way (now, I see it badly oriented on my screen).

I re-open it and rotate it in order to view it in well oriented, and save it.

At that point, I usually feel losing my time, playing with the orientation of my picture that nevertheless appeared to me correctly oriented at the beginning :nabble_smiley_wink:

But the Forum detects that something changed.

I delete the picture in my post and do a new preview. It appears ok.

Then I post.