Bullnose Forums

Drivers side window shattered.

Well, not a pro about that question, but I would say that the issue is not the glass particles stuck in the channel. I’m pretty sure they’ll come out easily.

The "dryness" of the rubber will be the real issue, but you don’t need to pull it out in order to reinstall the new glass. If it was working well without water leaks, you’re probably better to keep it as is.

Depends on how "rejuvenate" your truck is important or not.

Well, not a pro about that question, but I would say that the issue is not the glass particles stuck in the channel. I’m pretty sure they’ll come out easily.

The "dryness" of the rubber will be the real issue, but you don’t need to pull it out in order to reinstall the new glass. If it was working well without water leaks, you’re probably better to keep it as is.

Depends on how "rejuvenate" your truck is important or not.

Sounds like you and I might not be talking about the same thing. I'm talking about the rubber channel at the bottom of the window in the window channel lift.

Sounds like you and I might not be talking about the same thing. I'm talking about the rubber channel at the bottom of the window in the window channel lift.

did the glass that you ordered not come with the channel? just wondering as i have not yet needed to buy new glass. i have been collecting originals for a while.

You're right! I thought about the rubber in the vertical channels, going around the top door too.

Sorry!

So, you're talking about #8 on LMC's diagram. This is the one that holds the window glass to the rail #7. Has to be in very good condition to avoid the glass to come out.

382ED0FD-726F-4E20-BF48-9E0A9D132706.png.c83cee8e4d0de2ff6213fd9f98696dcb.png

I never had to change it, I will let other members to share their experiences.

You're right! I thought about the rubber in the vertical channels, going around the top door too.

Sorry!

So, you're talking about #8 on LMC's diagram. This is the one that holds the window glass to the rail #7. Has to be in very good condition to avoid the glass to come out.

I never had to change it, I will let other members to share their experiences.

Correct. My vertices felt channels are all rotted away and gone. That is the reason it broke. The irony is they are scheduled to come in today and I'll install them. I swapped out the door seals yesterday and while I was adjusting the door strikers (and slaming the door shut) it shattered. Hoping the seals break in more over time and I don't have to slam my door shut like the Hulk!

Hoping the seals break in more over time and I don't have to slam my door shut like the Hulk!

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Well, when I changed mine, I had to shut the doors, let's say very firmly, during couple of weeks.

Now they close like new, I have the feeling I'm driving a Rolls Royce.

:nabble_smiley_wink:

A year and change later, I *still* have to slam my doors after redoing the weatherstripping... they never broke in!

(They're from LMC, if that matters).