Bullnose Forums

Upholstery?

Cbarnes

I found a several different sets of seats at the wrecking yard. A couple of them are from Broncos, one set is from a F150 supercab. The ones from the supercab are actually the right color. My truck is a supercab with the split back bench seat. I will get that added to my signature Gary.

Being a Supercab you should be able to bolt the buckets or captain's chairs right in. Just get all of the brackets with the seats.

Good job on the signature. And nice truck. :nabble_smiley_good:

That bench looks pristine!

Not sure if you've looked into it or not but another member, Chris, did the swap not long ago:

I was able to utilize the 2 outer bench holes on the driver side, I then had to drill the inners. I welded nuts to the floor to make installing easier. The inner rear bolt on the driver side landed on the seat belt reinforcement plate so I didn't need to add any strength to the floor.

For the passenger side only the outer front bench hole could be reused. I was also not able to weld the nuts on this side because of all the heat shielding, but I was able to use large fender washers and nuts. It was just more of a bear needing to hold a wrench on the bottom as well.

Couple of pics.

that bench is in waaaaay better shape than mine was.

I swapped from a split bench to captains as kramttocs mentioned. I don't know what my seats came out of as they came with the truck as parts when I bought it. I'm guessing they're from an 89 F350 as that's what the rest of the parts are supposed to be from.

My truck did not have the bolt holes for the captains, there were dimples in the floor pan that gave an idea of where the holes needed to be, but I had to drill them and where possible weld nuts to the floor for the ones that didn't match up with the bench holes.

that bench is in waaaaay better shape than mine was.

I swapped from a split bench to captains as kramttocs mentioned. I don't know what my seats came out of as they came with the truck as parts when I bought it. I'm guessing they're from an 89 F350 as that's what the rest of the parts are supposed to be from.

My truck did not have the bolt holes for the captains, there were dimples in the floor pan that gave an idea of where the holes needed to be, but I had to drill them and where possible weld nuts to the floor for the ones that didn't match up with the bench holes.

Thanks Guys,

I bought this truck from a guy in Salt Lake City solely based on pictures and a carfax report. It had evidently sat for quite a while. It only had 44,000 carfax certified miles on it. The interior definitely is indicative of that.

The captains chairs that I found are all from 80-86 Broncos or the sole F-150. Hope to try and get them Friday or Saturday.

Carl

Thanks Guys,

I bought this truck from a guy in Salt Lake City solely based on pictures and a carfax report. It had evidently sat for quite a while. It only had 44,000 carfax certified miles on it. The interior definitely is indicative of that.

The captains chairs that I found are all from 80-86 Broncos or the sole F-150. Hope to try and get them Friday or Saturday.

Carl

Hey, not sure if you need fabric for seat covers, but TheEstateStash on etsy has thousands of rolls of OEM vintage car seat fabrics. I was able to find the perfect original fabric for my 1986 Maroon bronco seats.

Hey, not sure if you need fabric for seat covers, but TheEstateStash on etsy has thousands of rolls of OEM vintage car seat fabrics. I was able to find the perfect original fabric for my 1986 Maroon bronco seats.

Thanks Nickle,

Will check them out.