Bullnose Forums

Show "Bling"

Things are coming together for the show. On the table below are the main things that will be given away, including:

• Trophies: In priority order they are Best Paint; Best Engine; Closest To Stock (pre-2000 model year); Best Upgrades; People's Favorite; Farthest Driven. Any one truck can only win one category, and should one be voted to win two it will receive the trophy for the highest priority category.

• Gift Cards: We currently have three $25 gift certificates from NPD & two $25 ones from LMC. But today I got commitment from 4WP for two $25 ones. So at seven certificates and six trophies I'll have to get creative. http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/thinking-26_orig.jpg

• Catalogs: NPD sent about 40 of their 1948 - 79 catalogs and ~20 of their 1980 - 96 catalogs.

• Tee Shirts: NPD sent four shirts. But shirts are hard things to give away as they don't fit everyone, so I'm not sure what I want to do with these. Suggestions?

• Caps: LMC sent ~15 caps. May give one to the first 15 entrants we have.

• Coozies: With what LMC sent and the left-overs from last year we have ~24.

• Stickers & Cards: And we have quite a few left overs of these from last year.

• Grab Bags: Lots left over from last year.

On the catalogs, coozies, stickers, and cards I think I'll just let the folks that walk in pick up what they want and put the things in a grab bag. I don't see a need to pre-fill the grab bags as we did last year as we had some left over - which I had to go through and pitch the out-of-date catalogs and retrieve the stickers.

Show_Bling.thumb.jpg.f520830de489bb9e858df1ae9598f95c.jpg

Thanks for reaching out to these places Gary :nabble_smiley_good:

Welcome. I did reach out to some others but was turned down. For instance, Rock Auto has been a supporter in times past, but not this year and I don't know why.

I hope to get back in touch with them after the show and find out why they said no. Perhaps I can make it better for next year.

For the T-shirts is a hard thing to give away in a sense due to sizing. I noticed most companies that ship free shirts with their orders they tend to ship shirts that are either XL or XXL to ensure they are a one size fits all. But then you have the issue with the shirt being way too big and baggy on someone.

Id say mark the bags with the shirts size and be a first come first serve kind of deal for people that want the shirts but thats just me.

Im not sure how other gathers do the shirts, I know the Crown Victoria club I am in they sell the shirts but its the club shirts for the gatherings.

For the T-shirts is a hard thing to give away in a sense due to sizing. I noticed most companies that ship free shirts with their orders they tend to ship shirts that are either XL or XXL to ensure they are a one size fits all. But then you have the issue with the shirt being way too big and baggy on someone.

Id say mark the bags with the shirts size and be a first come first serve kind of deal for people that want the shirts but thats just me.

Im not sure how other gathers do the shirts, I know the Crown Victoria club I am in they sell the shirts but its the club shirts for the gatherings.

They sent one Large and three XL's. So yes, it is going to be a problem having the right size as the XL's will look like a tent on some people.

I do have several Gary's Garagemahal shirts in various sizes and intend to outfit the teens with those so they are easily identified as "workers". And, so when they need to send someone to talk to me about a price they can say "He's wearing a shirt like this." But if I have leftovers from that I could give a shirt to each of the six winners - assuming I have the right sizes...

Maybe you are right - give them away!

They sent one Large and three XL's. So yes, it is going to be a problem having the right size as the XL's will look like a tent on some people.

I do have several Gary's Garagemahal shirts in various sizes and intend to outfit the teens with those so they are easily identified as "workers". And, so when they need to send someone to talk to me about a price they can say "He's wearing a shirt like this." But if I have leftovers from that I could give a shirt to each of the six winners - assuming I have the right sizes...

Maybe you are right - give them away!

Gary, thank you for all that you do in promoting the interest and passion that so many of us have for these trucks. I know personally, it goes far beyond the website too! Sure wished I could make the show.