Bullnose Forums

So...

I had that and later, the slant 6 with a side panel that came off. The slant 6 even had piston rings.

Trivia question, whose V8 was the visible V8 copied from and a bonus, what would it's displacement be at full scale?

Without looking it up, I'm thinking it was the Chevy 265. Dunno what the displacement would be at full scale, but I'm guessing 265 CU.

Without looking it up, I'm thinking it was the Chevy 265. Dunno what the displacement would be at full scale, but I'm guessing 265 CU.

Studebaker, shaft rockers rule out a Chevy. The bore and stroke also match as the Studebaker 289 was undersquare at a 3.5625 bore and 3.625 stroke. The visible V8, when scaled up matches the Studebaker dimensions.

Studebaker, shaft rockers rule out a Chevy. The bore and stroke also match as the Studebaker 289 was undersquare at a 3.5625 bore and 3.625 stroke. The visible V8, when scaled up matches the Studebaker dimensions.

Cool! I never knew that. :nabble_smiley_good:

As for shaft rockers, one of the engines on my trailer wasn't recognized by some - until I pulled a valve covers. FE!

More seriously Invisibleman, I am wondering why you prefer not to replace all the panel and cut it in order to keep the contour and the tail light corner?

I am absolutely not a body guy, I had the great help of a friend when restoring Big Brother. So, maybe this is a strategy to facilitate the installation of the new panel? Will you cut the new panel with exactly the same dimensions, or will simply install it over the existing remaining contour?

http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/thinking-26_orig.jpg

To answer the question BigBrother-84 had: The reason I cut the quarter of the way I did is, it's easier to handle a few smaller pieces than one big one (I'm working alone). 20220826_114828.jpg.a2766cd5f7f4ba1738ebe54f42f60519.jpg The other reason is the spare tire carrier bracket welded to the inside of the quarter made it difficult to run the body saw along that part of the panel. 20220825_153343.jpg.eeb66170c611e9cc76bf05e9b7198207.jpg The one part that I didn't remove was the upper part where the roof mounts and I will be removing the wheelhouse.

Cool! I never knew that. :nabble_smiley_good:

As for shaft rockers, one of the engines on my trailer wasn't recognized by some - until I pulled a valve covers. FE!

One quirk of the FE engines, almost all of them have "352" cast on the front of the block so unless there is something like the tag that used to be attached usually on the coil bracket bolt, the only way to tell is bore and stroke.

Stroke 3.5" 352 or 360, 3.78" 390,406 or 427, 3.98" 428 if you by chance find it is 3.3" you have a 332.

332 and early 352s are solid lifter engines as are some 406s and most 427s.

To answer the question BigBrother-84 had: The reason I cut the quarter of the way I did is, it's easier to handle a few smaller pieces than one big one (I'm working alone). The other reason is the spare tire carrier bracket welded to the inside of the quarter made it difficult to run the body saw along that part of the panel. The one part that I didn't remove was the upper part where the roof mounts and I will be removing the wheelhouse.

Invisibleman, thanks for the reply!

Make sense!

:nabble_smiley_good: