Bullnose Forums

Regular vs deluxe tu-tone?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's interesting that it is worded that way, because "Regular & Deluxe Tu-tone Paint" is actually the Combination Tu-tone. See the differences below.

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n123934/tutone4.jpg

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n123934/IMG-7396.jpg

Yep its weird, thats what mine is but based off what I posted it makes it sound like I shouldnt have pinstriping on my flareside with its combination Tu-Tone but I do have pinstriping on mine. I chalk it all up to just simple contradictions due to oversight in the wording/description

20160815_185916.jpg.4022ca69da972623bbd749dfe4a5a5bb.jpg

"Regular & Deluxe Tu-tone Paint" is actually the Combination Tu-tone.

Well, it appears that you have put your finger on the solution, Sherlock.

Curious that Marti doesn't use the designated wording for that specific colour pattern.

:nabble_smiley_uh:

Might have to do with what you got.

The snippet I posted says the following.

For Deluxe Tow-Tone it says "The accent color covers the center bodyside area and tailgate. Includes mid-bodyside tape stripe and lower bodyside protection molding on single-rear-wheel regular cab and supercab styleside pickup models - mid and lower bodyside tape on other models.

For the Combination Two-Tone it says "Includes accent color applied to roof and Dexlue Two-Tone as described at left. No tape or molding paint break is utilized on the roof."

I suspect your regular Two-Tone didnt have the pinstripe/molding and the Deluxe Two-Tone had it. Still it wouldnt make sense for Marti-Report to list both Regular and Deluxe Two Tone if the difference amounts to pinstriping/molding.

I do know for the Combination Two-Tone it is wrong in where it states no tape or molding paint break is utilized on the roof. Mine as well as the other truck posted above with Combination Two-Tone has the same style roof pinstripe to break the two tone paint line on the roof but the document states that there isnt any pinstripe or molding used.

I am curious what Marti comes up with for my truck, I plan on getting the big package for mine some day. Im kind of curious what would be put down for the paint.

It's interesting that it is worded that way, because "Regular & Deluxe Tu-tone Paint" is actually the Combination Tu-tone. See the differences below.

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n123934/tutone4.jpg

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n123934/IMG-7396.jpg

Yep its weird, thats what mine is but based off what I posted it makes it sound like I shouldnt have pinstriping on my flareside with its combination Tu-Tone but I do have pinstriping on mine. I chalk it all up to just simple contradictions due to oversight in the wording/description

Rusty, I dig the wheel and tire setup you have. Would you be willing the share what it all is? Thanks!

"Regular & Deluxe Tu-tone Paint" is actually the Combination Tu-tone.

Well, it appears that you have put your finger on the solution, Sherlock.

Curious that Marti doesn't use the designated wording for that specific colour pattern.

:nabble_smiley_uh:

Might have to do with what you got.

The snippet I posted says the following.

For Deluxe Tow-Tone it says "The accent color covers the center bodyside area and tailgate. Includes mid-bodyside tape stripe and lower bodyside protection molding on single-rear-wheel regular cab and supercab styleside pickup models - mid and lower bodyside tape on other models.

For the Combination Two-Tone it says "Includes accent color applied to roof and Dexlue Two-Tone as described at left. No tape or molding paint break is utilized on the roof."

I suspect your regular Two-Tone didnt have the pinstripe/molding and the Deluxe Two-Tone had it. Still it wouldnt make sense for Marti-Report to list both Regular and Deluxe Two Tone if the difference amounts to pinstriping/molding.

I do know for the Combination Two-Tone it is wrong in where it states no tape or molding paint break is utilized on the roof. Mine as well as the other truck posted above with Combination Two-Tone has the same style roof pinstripe to break the two tone paint line on the roof but the document states that there isnt any pinstripe or molding used.

I am curious what Marti comes up with for my truck, I plan on getting the big package for mine some day. Im kind of curious what would be put down for the paint.

I bought the standard and personal statistics report from them and I’m happy with it, got to learn some cool stuff about the truck and it’s verifiable. Also sent it to me laminated and ready to go into a binder. Looks very official.

Apparently not very many trucks got the same paint colors as mine, and they only did it in 1983. So that may have something to do with it.

0F911B4E-63F3-4D24-9C3F-36019A951F5C.jpeg.38b74e7d202853605fdb4efc9f563c0b.jpeg

Rusty, I dig the wheel and tire setup you have. Would you be willing the share what it all is? Thanks!

I believe it’s stock argent styled steel wheels, and the tires say P255/70R15. Here’s a link to them

https://www.tiremart.com/mastercraft-avenger-g-t-255-70r15-108t-as-a-s-all-season-tire/

Not sure if the lettering just has some protective something on it in that or not but the lettering on mine is definitely white.

I believe it’s stock argent styled steel wheels, and the tires say P255/70R15. Here’s a link to them

https://www.tiremart.com/mastercraft-avenger-g-t-255-70r15-108t-as-a-s-all-season-tire/

Not sure if the lettering just has some protective something on it in that or not but the lettering on mine is definitely white.

I don't think these are the wheels I'm talking about. I'm talking about the wheel and tire setup on the blue and white flareside. They look like white wagon wheels with BFGoodwrench tires.