Bullnose Forums

Help, Please, On Pricing This Stuff!!!!

4300 is the strange 4 barrel with the tiny extra choke blade between the "wings" of the air valve. The Spread bore has a Q-jet mount and is the one with two accelerator pumps.

I have to leave for a while, Drs. appointment in Salisbury, be back in roughly 3 1/2 hours.

Thanks, but you apparently think I recognize each of those carb. But I can figure out which one is the spreadbore as it'll have the GM spreadbore spacing like a QJet. And I already have a 4180C on the shelf so should be able to spot that one. Last, the 4300 should look like a 2150 on the front with annular boosters, so I should be able to figure that out as well. Right? :nabble_smiley_oh:

Ok, this may be a long post but I'm trying to respond to three of y'all:

Larry - I don't want to have the teens in a haggling situation, so maybe just start at $25?

Shaun - Here are the key fobs, next to a towel rack. :nabble_smiley_wink: How should I price them, bearing in mind that I have no idea if they work?

Key_Fobs_-_Front.thumb.jpg.41bb6007e2850ae8af9480447a0c0744.jpg

And here's the back of the left three:

Key_Fob_Backs_-_Left_3.thumb.jpg.da9c0544ebc513ec6585f13e5d935710.jpg

And the back of the right four:

Key_Fob_Backs_-_Right_4.thumb.jpg.89fbb5db1b6334a5a9627993a9722770.jpg

Bill - I have the 4300 ID'd. Right?

4300_Top.thumb.jpg.053409848d9d7d1c98165a333624951e.jpg4300_Bottom.thumb.jpg.3a7ca84ed576f0c729ba1d0688c083db.jpg

But I'm lost about the spreadbore. Is this it?

Unknown_Holley_-_Top.thumb.jpg.ec91eb33f9a05fca65bce146034b0ff0.jpgUnknown_Holley_-_Bottom.thumb.jpg.3a064ae645b487d1ef9ab27f39c068f5.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, this may be a long post but I'm trying to respond to three of y'all:

Larry - I don't want to have the teens in a haggling situation, so maybe just start at $25?

Shaun - Here are the key fobs, next to a towel rack. :nabble_smiley_wink: How should I price them, bearing in mind that I have no idea if they work?

And here's the back of the left three:

And the back of the right four:

Bill - I have the 4300 ID'd. Right?

But I'm lost about the spreadbore. Is this it?

Correct on both counts. Note that the 4300D bottom is not exactly the same as the Quadrajet and Carter Thermoquad, it is close but the primaries are closer together.

The Spreadbore was designed as a bolt on for a GM intake.

Correct on both counts. Note that the 4300D bottom is not exactly the same as the Quadrajet and Carter Thermoquad, it is close but the primaries are closer together.

The Spreadbore was designed as a bolt on for a GM intake.

Ok, earlier you said:

The Spreadbore, I would start at $100 as they are discontinued and that one is for a Chevy. The 4180, maybe the same as that is an emission specific carb. The two regular Holleys, probably $35 for the complete one, $25 for the one missing the bowl (may be in the parts bin). The 4300, if I was closer I would discuss an offer, just because of being unusual.

So if I put $50 on the spreadbore and $50 on the 4180, as well as what they are, then they might sell? Ditto for the 4300? And if they don't sell I'll bring them home.

Ok, earlier you said:

The Spreadbore, I would start at $100 as they are discontinued and that one is for a Chevy. The 4180, maybe the same as that is an emission specific carb. The two regular Holleys, probably $35 for the complete one, $25 for the one missing the bowl (may be in the parts bin). The 4300, if I was closer I would discuss an offer, just because of being unusual.

So if I put $50 on the spreadbore and $50 on the 4180, as well as what they are, then they might sell? Ditto for the 4300? And if they don't sell I'll bring them home.

Key Fobs are all from 1998+ vehicles with exception to the older one mentioned earlier. It's hard to read the info on that one.

They're all readily available used on Ebay, and cheap aftermarket replacements on Ebay usually sell for around $8 shipped for a set of two. The OEM ones tend to be listed for anywhere from $10-$30 a piece. Pricing on those is really going to be a judgement call that I can't make, especially considering your drop it down at the end policy. You could always consider offering them as a lot, but that's up to you.

Ok, earlier you said:

Sounds reasonable to me. The 4180 could be for a 460 or a 351 HO, possibly even a Mustang as they were basically the last 4 barrel carburetors Ford used other than the governor equipt ones on the big trucks.

Key Fobs are all from 1998+ vehicles with exception to the older one mentioned earlier. It's hard to read the info on that one.

They're all readily available used on Ebay, and cheap aftermarket replacements on Ebay usually sell for around $8 shipped for a set of two. The OEM ones tend to be listed for anywhere from $10-$30 a piece. Pricing on those is really going to be a judgement call that I can't make, especially considering your drop it down at the end policy. You could always consider offering them as a lot, but that's up to you.

The old one: That's a genuine transmitter 1 all right... but clearly not the one I lost last year, as it didn't have the little keyring on it (loop was completely busted on both halves :nabble_smiley_thinking:.

$25 is a bit high but this isn't eBay obo... :nabble_anim_crazy:... that said, the going rate on eBay seems to be in the ballpark of $15-$20 from what I'm seeing. Most have the cases replaced (since recently aftermarket cases finally are in production for them); cases run around $5 a pop (not that I care, I bought a few of them when I replaced the aforementioned lost FOB).

The old one: That's a genuine transmitter 1 all right... but clearly not the one I lost last year, as it didn't have the little keyring on it (loop was completely busted on both halves :nabble_smiley_thinking:.

$25 is a bit high but this isn't eBay obo... :nabble_anim_crazy:... that said, the going rate on eBay seems to be in the ballpark of $15-$20 from what I'm seeing. Most have the cases replaced (since recently aftermarket cases finally are in production for them); cases run around $5 a pop (not that I care, I bought a few of them when I replaced the aforementioned lost FOB).

Shaun & Larry - Thanks. So maybe $5 ea or $25 for the lot of them early in the day, and then $1/ea late? And do either of you want some of them? We can make a deal. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Bill - Ok, I think I'm "there" on carb pricing.

Shaun & Larry - Thanks. So maybe $5 ea or $25 for the lot of them early in the day, and then $1/ea late? And do either of you want some of them? We can make a deal. :nabble_smiley_wink:

$5 for the old one? Can I pay in advance???

I'll take the three identicals without the trunk buttons. I'll email you later regarding payment.