Bullnose Forums

Help, Please, On Pricing This Stuff!!!!

On the key fobs, I'll pull them out and check, but I don't know anything about them at this point.

They're common fobs for late 90's to late 2000's Ford vehicles, like both of my Rangers. The ones with the trunk buttons are the same vintage, but obviously for a car.

The one with the Ford oval is a little older, early to mid 90s. There's a picture of it in the 1995 and 1996 F-Series brochures here on the site. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Yeah, the older ones are getting somewhat hard to find, but (finally) somebody in China finally started making aftermarket cases for them (the key loops break often, like is the case here). My 1995 ranger uses them... and I lost one in a Walmart parking lot in Owasso over last year's show :nabble_smiley_oh:)... Wait a sec... you didn't find that one in the church lot last year??? :nabble_smiley_happy:

May I call dibs on that FOB (for a reasonable price... but it's a good cause so I kind don't care)?

FWIW I've since replaced the missing one... they're number-specific (Transmitter 1-4 on the orignal cases) and I've never come across a 3 or a 4. The one I lost was a "1".

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the transmission floor jack adapter? Interested (not that I need to pull a transmission at the moment, knock on wood).

Bill - I don't really want to spend much time figuring out what they are. I just want to sell them. So do you have a suggested price? As for the 4300, is that the one in the lower left?

Shaun & Larry - I'll pull the fobs and we can look them over at our leisure.

Larry - What are you offering for the tranny adapter?

Bill - I don't really want to spend much time figuring out what they are. I just want to sell them. So do you have a suggested price? As for the 4300, is that the one in the lower left?

The Spreadbore, I would start at $100 as they are discontinued and that one is for a Chevy. The 4180, maybe the same as that is an emission specific carb. The two regular Holleys, probably $35 for the complete one, $25 for the one missing the bowl (may be in the parts bin). The 4300, if I was closer I would discuss an offer, just because of being unusual.

The rest of the carb stuff, if you have a shop that does restoration might be a place to try and offer the stuff to.

The Spreadbore, I would start at $100 as they are discontinued and that one is for a Chevy. The 4180, maybe the same as that is an emission specific carb. The two regular Holleys, probably $35 for the complete one, $25 for the one missing the bowl (may be in the parts bin). The 4300, if I was closer I would discuss an offer, just because of being unusual.

The rest of the carb stuff, if you have a shop that does restoration might be a place to try and offer the stuff to.

Thanks, but you apparently think I recognize each of those carb. But I can figure out which one is the spreadbore as it'll have the GM spreadbore spacing like a QJet. And I already have a 4180C on the shelf so should be able to spot that one. Last, the 4300 should look like a 2150 on the front with annular boosters, so I should be able to figure that out as well. Right? :nabble_smiley_oh:

Actually, I don't think it'll work for me after all... Research time:

Per a review of the manual online, it's a discontinued Harbor Freight 1/2 Ton (880LB) adapter for a specific floor jack (the also discontinued Central Hydraulics 50183 2 1/4 ton Jack).

central-hydraulics-39152-user-manual.pdf

22173393.pdf

I have a later model Harbor Freight Pittsburg jack whose saddle is bolt on, not slip-in with a stud like the jack above:

61xFmkG63vL.jpg.3a843d1fe25429bda2a72605734558fb.jpg

Screenshot_from_2022-08-22_23-28-09.png.51b1c8640dd31823878d39aec9c01c1c.png

Looking through the manual, I think that saddle has to be in the middle of the frame... there's a U shaped bracket that goes underneath the main frame of the adapter, and it looks like it goes under the saddle and around the stud.

I guess the bigger challenge is who still has and uses one of these old orange and white Harbor Freight jacks?

Thanks, but you apparently think I recognize each of those carb. But I can figure out which one is the spreadbore as it'll have the GM spreadbore spacing like a QJet. And I already have a 4180C on the shelf so should be able to spot that one. Last, the 4300 should look like a 2150 on the front with annular boosters, so I should be able to figure that out as well. Right? :nabble_smiley_oh:

OMG!

That's the Gari Baba's cave treasure sale!

:nabble_smiley_wink:

F5BF9CF4-D851-498C-ACC0-0FD437BB1E4E.jpeg.29dd946196c34a8095f8bcfa27955c23.jpeg

OMG!

That's the Gari Baba's cave treasure sale!

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Jeff - I like that! Gari Baba's cave treasure sale! :nabble_anim_claps:

Larry - I've not done the research to see what it'll fit. I don't have the time to research any, much less all, of the thousands of things in the cave. So I'll take your word that it won't fit yours, and let the buyer figure out how to make it fit his. But what price should I put on it?

Jeff - I like that! Gari Baba's cave treasure sale! :nabble_anim_claps:

Larry - I've not done the research to see what it'll fit. I don't have the time to research any, much less all, of the thousands of things in the cave. So I'll take your word that it won't fit yours, and let the buyer figure out how to make it fit his. But what price should I put on it?

I've seen them on Google Shopping as low as $40 and as high as $140... :nabble_smiley_whistling: I'd maybe start at $60? But take down to $40?

(I'm a buyer not a seller as you can tell).

4300 is the strange 4 barrel with the tiny extra choke blade between the "wings" of the air valve. The Spread bore has a Q-jet mount and is the one with two accelerator pumps.

I have to leave for a while, Drs. appointment in Salisbury, be back in roughly 3 1/2 hours.