Bullnose Forums

New guy with an IDI

Prospect62

Hey that rhymes!

Hello all. Recently acquired a 1985 F250 with a 6.9 (details in sig) with a plow. I reside in Central New York State (upstate) and had the truck shipped to me from Denver, Colorado where it presumably spent it's entire life. She ain't pretty but by rust belt standards she's gorgeous and around here bullnose trucks are pretty much non-existent these days so I have something unique with a powertrain combo I've always wanted.

This is my second diesel truck, the first of which was a 1985 M1009 CUCV Blazer which I loved but which bled me dry in terms of money and free time fixing things - nevertheless that CUCV taught me a ton about drivetrains and diesels so even though I sold it for a loss, I still don't regret owning it.

Glad to now have the IDI with a 4-speed behind it, truck is a ton of fun but it's my very first Ford truck so I'm learning all sorts of Ford idiosyncrasies which are super fun (not).

I'm currently in the middle of a complete-ish rebuild of the TTB Dana 44HD (new lock-out hubs, ball joints, bearings, seals, axle joints, pivot bushings, spring bushings, etc) in my garage that I'm about 3/4 of the way through and wondering why I didn't just do a Dana 60 swap. Also at the same time adding a tach where there was none and trying to get a working radio along with other stupid stuff like new tires and fixing odds and ends here and there. The goal is to have a reliable and relatively hiccup-free rig by the time the first serious snowflakes start falling around here in December.

Anyway thanks for hosting and participating in this cool old-school forum. I'll be around a lot asking for help, I'm sure.

Dan

20220711_194444000_iOS.thumb.png.584b661da05eb0333d943fd2c33eb431.png

Dan - Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Sounds like a cool truck. Hope you'll post some pics. And maybe start a thread in the main section to document your journey with it.

Would you like to be on our map? You can see it at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu. We just need a city or zip.

Dan - Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Sounds like a cool truck. Hope you'll post some pics. And maybe start a thread in the main section to document your journey with it.

Would you like to be on our map? You can see it at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu. We just need a city or zip.

Thanks, Gary. I'd be glad to be included on the map. My zip code is 13403!