Bullnose Forums

New here - Not New to Bronco's

sackman9975

Hello everyone. Thanks for having me.

My name is Scott and I live in Michigan. I'm 47 years old and have been driving Bronco's for 30 years.

Some may have seen me on Facebook as "Lefty Castle". I am very knowledgeable and have been providing tech support for many years on www.fullsizebronco.com

I currently own 2 Bronco's.

I have a 1995 XLT and I recently acquired a 1986 Bronco from Texas.

Back when I was 17, I purchased my first Bronco which was a 1986 XLT Bronco. Being young and dumb, I beat the living piss out of this truck. Every weekend, we would hang out at a place we called "Hydro". HUGE mud pits and trails and it was a cool place for us young kids to drive off road and beat up our rides.

The 1986 Bronco I have now is because I wanted to have another one like the one I had back in the 90's. This time, I'm not taking this off road to destroy. Rather I have decided to make this mine and how I've always imagined of a cool Bronco being.

It came with a 302FI/AOD/BW1354 transfercase. I received all the paperwork on this truck back to 1989.

Paperwork states lots of valve cover gaskets have been replaced. I knew this was a leaker....

I had a 351W bored .030 with the E303 cam from my old 1995 that I sold to a guy at work. He wrecked the truck and I bought it back from him to part out. Decided that this would be the powerplant that would go into this truck. I also had an E4OD from a 1996 Bronco that I've been storing for almost 18 years. I also had in mind that it would be great to add this to it as well.

I had a guy earlier this year that had a Bronco he couldn't get to start. He lives about 1.5 hours from me. He had a parts truck, 95 Eddie Bauer with the 351W and 8.8LS 3.55 axle. I made a deal with him. I would come out and fix his truck in trade for some parts. He said if I could fix his truck, I could have anything I wanted from the parts truck. "DEAL!"

Drove out, started my diagnosing upon arrival. This guy hawked me the whole time. Needless to say, 2 hours later I was coming home with the rear axle, the complete wiring harness from the whole truck and the computer.

Let's make this truck OBD2/MAF!!

Started sourcing some parts.

Found a 351W GT40 intake upper and lower. Also got the GT40 heads which I had reconditioned.

Rebuilt the 96/8.8LS with 4.10 gears.

Had the E4OD rebuilt with a billet converter.

Freshened the engine with new bearings and rings.

I'm still into the project but its running. Runs damn good too. Truck moves with little effort!

Here's a couple of videos of the truck and how it's progressed.

When it arrived (unboxing it)

How it is now

Hopefully I can help assist here and find info that I need.

Again, thanks for having me!

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Nice Bronco. Should be really strong when you are done. Where did you put the EEC-V ECU?

And, where's home? We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can add you with a city or zip.

I put the EEC-V ECU in the original 1986 place of the EEC-IV. Lots of wires I had to extend.

Home is Livonia Michigan 48152

I put the EEC-V ECU in the original 1986 place of the EEC-IV. Lots of wires I had to extend.

Home is Livonia Michigan 48152

Yep, that's where I put the EEC-V ECU on Big Blue. About 50 wires to extend for that bit of it, and many more to connect elsewhere.

And, you are on the map. :nabble_smiley_good: