Bullnose Forums

Dealer installed AC parts

tanman

I would be interested in the idler pulley assembly pulley.

Does your setup have the bolt adjustable tension pulley near the power steering pump?

I will try to get a look at that specifically on Monday when I get to the shop. the craziest things happen like walking in the door with a plan and a list then someone says, 'hey I need you to do....' then im driving home at the end of the day trying to remember what I was supposed to have done.:nabble_anim_confused:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have finally reached a possible solution although it’s not ideal.

I found a 50mm wide by 55mm diameter idler pulley but it’s ribbed for a serpentine belt.

It fits the space perfectly and prevents the need for the awkward spacer.

Will the ribbed pulley destroy the backside of the belt?

I found a smooth pulley with similar dimensions but it doesn’t have the side walls. Unfortunately it’s about $150 because it’s for a supercharger.

It has been very difficult to find a fix. I like this setup better.

Here is the original that failed.

BBB32E30-02F3-4895-830D-AB3E1DC30C08.jpeg.e9c476384e65f70926bfbb24237e1fda.jpeg

Here is the new one

79E5CC0A-E321-4854-A6B8-318AEA1F8F03.jpeg.0bca361e8687dc1c004770598e0c9fd9.jpeg

I have finally reached a possible solution although it’s not ideal.

I found a 50mm wide by 55mm diameter idler pulley but it’s ribbed for a serpentine belt.

It fits the space perfectly and prevents the need for the awkward spacer.

Will the ribbed pulley destroy the backside of the belt?

I found a smooth pulley with similar dimensions but it doesn’t have the side walls. Unfortunately it’s about $150 because it’s for a supercharger.

It has been very difficult to find a fix. I like this setup better.

Here is the original that failed.

Here is the new one

The sidewalls aren't needed. Big Blue is running a factory idler pulley from a 90's 460 and it is smooth and doesn't have the sidewalls. And it is easily available from a parts store. In fact, I picked one up from the lady's stuff I'm selling at the show - no one wanted it. I could check to see what the dimensions are of it if you'd like.

The sidewalls aren't needed. Big Blue is running a factory idler pulley from a 90's 460 and it is smooth and doesn't have the sidewalls. And it is easily available from a parts store. In fact, I picked one up from the lady's stuff I'm selling at the show - no one wanted it. I could check to see what the dimensions are of it if you'd like.

That’ll be great! Sadly I can’t be at the swap meet but I’m willing to Venmo or PayPal if it’s a fit.

That’ll be great! Sadly I can’t be at the swap meet but I’m willing to Venmo or PayPal if it’s a fit.

i got a look at the one on the rack and yes, it is the same as you have with the adjustment bracket and pulley assembly. it's still greasy but i can pull it and clean it in the parts washer and get pics if you are interested.

Ok, the idler arm and pulley that I picked up are on the left in this pic, with the spare idler pulley I carry in Big Blue on the right and propping the other one up. Both use the same bearing, which is a 6203DU2. Its OD is 1.568" and its ID is .668".

Both pulleys are about 1.2" wide, but the pulley on the left is 3.542" OD and the one on the right is 3.992". Both pulleys fit idler arms with a stud on them that the ID of the bearing just slips over and then the bolt captures it.

Idler_Arm__Pulleys.thumb.jpg.766c06c0bfd902c551f76c24a09d8c90.jpg

i got a look at the one on the rack and yes, it is the same as you have with the adjustment bracket and pulley assembly. it's still greasy but i can pull it and clean it in the parts washer and get pics if you are interested.

i cleaned and inspected the bracket with idler and adjuster pulleys. if you email me then i can email pics directly. im willing to post here but for some reason i have trouble sometimes.

Ok, the idler arm and pulley that I picked up are on the left in this pic, with the spare idler pulley I carry in Big Blue on the right and propping the other one up. Both use the same bearing, which is a 6203DU2. Its OD is 1.568" and its ID is .668".

Both pulleys are about 1.2" wide, but the pulley on the left is 3.542" OD and the one on the right is 3.992". Both pulleys fit idler arms with a stud on them that the ID of the bearing just slips over and then the bolt captures it.

Gary, thanks for looking but the outer diameter on these pulley's is too large. I did find a pulley that is 2 inches and appears to be a reliable fix so far.