Bullnose Forums

Jet Hot Coatings

Progress! :nabble_anim_claps:

Yep, progress is always good, and I am feeling really good about all this.

Right now, I am trying to decide on a color to work as an accent.

I've already decided against using 2031 white, white is a great traditional color for headers on a hotrod, but I am not building my truck to be a hotrod.

Jet_Hot_-_2031_White.thumb.jpg.8b8ca28a2e3977c76e2ba51c3c8ce3f0.jpg

Ive also decided against using their Chameleon Red, it looks great in their preview but looking at photos of customer`s vehicles it just doesnt look as impressive.

Jet-Hot_-_2067_Chameleon_Red_-_2.jpeg.cb28a238e73358085bba5f555c6f3289.jpeg

Jet-Hot_-_2067_Chameleon_Red_-_3.thumb.jpeg.bee2a86743772d5127b33425ea822460.jpeg

So that basically leaves me with their stock colors.

I do like the Satin Black as shown below but my engine is basically blue and black with small accent colors here and there in the form of polished and non-polished stainless steel, aluminum, and gold. I just think black headers would just blend in too much and just look very bland.

Jet_Hot_-_2002_Satin_Black.thumb.jpg.ee1b3080c69dffd9f1afc2c936259702.jpg

Next color on my list is their 2057 Titanium which does look like a very dark natural steel color. I am kind of partial to this since it does look somewhat like natural stainless steel offered by other ceramic coaters.

Jet_Hot_-_2057_Titanium.thumb.jpg.275cd59637f8817a57b3ddd9970858fd.jpg

Jet-Hot_-_2057_Titanium.jpeg.d4c932aef8ef1a88b06902ce00abd1a6.jpeg

Next color is their 2038 Cast Iron which I am leaning towards cutting from the list of potential colors as it looks like it's a proper color for manifolds and wouldn't look that good on headers.

Jet-Hot_-_2038_Cast_Iron.jpeg.48d110a47b7de64e2b7f4488881c0006.jpeg

Jet-Hot_-_2038_Cast_Iron_-_2.jpeg.df25ee9f9ef1691065a31950122508c5.jpeg

I do like the 2037 Bronze and think that could be a nice alternative to the traditional white/black/silver color used on headers.

Jet-Hot_-_2037_Bronze_-_2.png.c0aedd908f7ba8d8f38f5ec9f7c2ecbb.png

There is also 2047 Red Bronze which is appealing as well but I dont think it would go with my engine build as an accent color.

Jet-Hot_-_2047_Red_Bronze.jpeg.6bc5d35c076c1fc51a12295430a78592.jpeg

I also kind of like this 2035 Dark Copper which are on these GT40 headers.

Jet-Hot_-_2035_Dark_Copper.jpeg.5255a29172b9d71bdfd5710be7bf072a.jpeg

Then there are these colors which I have not been able to find photos of outside of their sample cards on their website.

2051 Blue Pearl

2034 Copper

2035 Dark Copper

2048 Gold Pearl

2050 Yellow Gold

2062 American Copper

The blue pearl looks like its midnight blue kind of color a blackish blue which would go with the exterior of my truck, but the sample may look better than the actual color.

The Copper colors I thought would be something unique just like the gold colors which would tie the headers in with the 4150 Sniper which is also in a gold finish.

Yep, progress is always good, and I am feeling really good about all this.

Right now, I am trying to decide on a color to work as an accent.

I've already decided against using 2031 white, white is a great traditional color for headers on a hotrod, but I am not building my truck to be a hotrod.

Ive also decided against using their Chameleon Red, it looks great in their preview but looking at photos of customer`s vehicles it just doesnt look as impressive.

So that basically leaves me with their stock colors.

I do like the Satin Black as shown below but my engine is basically blue and black with small accent colors here and there in the form of polished and non-polished stainless steel, aluminum, and gold. I just think black headers would just blend in too much and just look very bland.

Next color on my list is their 2057 Titanium which does look like a very dark natural steel color. I am kind of partial to this since it does look somewhat like natural stainless steel offered by other ceramic coaters.

Next color is their 2038 Cast Iron which I am leaning towards cutting from the list of potential colors as it looks like it's a proper color for manifolds and wouldn't look that good on headers.

I do like the 2037 Bronze and think that could be a nice alternative to the traditional white/black/silver color used on headers.

There is also 2047 Red Bronze which is appealing as well but I dont think it would go with my engine build as an accent color.

I also kind of like this 2035 Dark Copper which are on these GT40 headers.

Then there are these colors which I have not been able to find photos of outside of their sample cards on their website.

2051 Blue Pearl

2034 Copper

2035 Dark Copper

2048 Gold Pearl

2050 Yellow Gold

2062 American Copper

The blue pearl looks like its midnight blue kind of color a blackish blue which would go with the exterior of my truck, but the sample may look better than the actual color.

The Copper colors I thought would be something unique just like the gold colors which would tie the headers in with the 4150 Sniper which is also in a gold finish.

Obviously that's a personal choice, but I like the 2057 Titanium.

Obviously that's a personal choice, but I like the 2057 Titanium.

Yep the more I think on it the more I keep leaning towards Titanium for its bare metal appearance over the fancy colors.

Well, I have a bit of an update.

I didn't get the price quote on Friday after I made the decision on a color coat Off Road 2000 coating. I expected to get a reply today in the morning, but I didn't get a reply till late afternoon apologizing that it was very busy Monday there. The email also stated that they sent an estimate to my email for the Off-road in Titanium (already was informed any stock color would be the same price only limited-edition colors are more). Also said that she just needs to add a return shipping address to my estimate form and asking me where I would like the headers shipped back to.

On the quote form I am hopeful the UPS Ground shipping is just a place holder price, but this is what it breaks down to.

H2S-2000TC-Shorty Up to 21" 2-piece header standard Top Coat Color : $572.42

2057-Titanium : $0.00

C-UPS Ground Shipping : $101.20

INS-1500-INSURANCE $1500 (Signature is Required Upon Delivery) : $13.20

OKC-Please Ship to Jet-Hot, 400 Glade Ave, Oklahoma City, Ok 73127 : $0.00

For a grand total of $686.82.

Seeing as the headers are just being shipped from Houston, Tx to Oklahoma City, Ok the UPS ground shipping shouldn't be over $30. Summit shipped these headers to me free of charge due to them being over $100. It did state in the email that All orders using Extreme 2000 or 2500 (I assume the Off-Road 2000 is Extreme 2000) as well as orders closer to Oklahoma ship there, others ship to North Carolina. Thats why it defaulted to Oklahoma so hopefully the price comes down some cause honestly with Cradin Coatings they were under $300 for ceramic coating a pair of shorty headers and I was expecting Jet-Hot with the lifetime warranty being between $400 and $500, not almost $700. Still, I do like the lifetime warranty on the coating and being able to send them back for a recoat at any time long as it's not heat related damage or damaged by impact.

I will be asking how ever about the estimate and how long do I have to make a decision on it cause it's a bit more than I was expecting and Im still waiting on the feds to issue me my tax refund so I can go ahead and ship the headers out so I can get them back and bolted on by the end of the year.

Well, I have a bit of an update.

I didn't get the price quote on Friday after I made the decision on a color coat Off Road 2000 coating. I expected to get a reply today in the morning, but I didn't get a reply till late afternoon apologizing that it was very busy Monday there. The email also stated that they sent an estimate to my email for the Off-road in Titanium (already was informed any stock color would be the same price only limited-edition colors are more). Also said that she just needs to add a return shipping address to my estimate form and asking me where I would like the headers shipped back to.

On the quote form I am hopeful the UPS Ground shipping is just a place holder price, but this is what it breaks down to.

H2S-2000TC-Shorty Up to 21" 2-piece header standard Top Coat Color : $572.42

2057-Titanium : $0.00

C-UPS Ground Shipping : $101.20

INS-1500-INSURANCE $1500 (Signature is Required Upon Delivery) : $13.20

OKC-Please Ship to Jet-Hot, 400 Glade Ave, Oklahoma City, Ok 73127 : $0.00

For a grand total of $686.82.

Seeing as the headers are just being shipped from Houston, Tx to Oklahoma City, Ok the UPS ground shipping shouldn't be over $30. Summit shipped these headers to me free of charge due to them being over $100. It did state in the email that All orders using Extreme 2000 or 2500 (I assume the Off-Road 2000 is Extreme 2000) as well as orders closer to Oklahoma ship there, others ship to North Carolina. Thats why it defaulted to Oklahoma so hopefully the price comes down some cause honestly with Cradin Coatings they were under $300 for ceramic coating a pair of shorty headers and I was expecting Jet-Hot with the lifetime warranty being between $400 and $500, not almost $700. Still, I do like the lifetime warranty on the coating and being able to send them back for a recoat at any time long as it's not heat related damage or damaged by impact.

I will be asking how ever about the estimate and how long do I have to make a decision on it cause it's a bit more than I was expecting and Im still waiting on the feds to issue me my tax refund so I can go ahead and ship the headers out so I can get them back and bolted on by the end of the year.

Well I asked about the shipping if that is correct cause that shipping is quite high. Been two days without a reply but I do know they are quite busy.

But at this rate the more I think about it, I dont think I will be going with Jet Hot. I just dont know I could justify $100+ for shipping from Texas to Oklahoma. Just like I cant justify almost $700 to ceramic coat a pair of headers that didnt even cost $350 to buy in the first place. Real shame too cause I was expecting $400 - $500 max considering that Cradin Industries on their website lists shorty headers as being under $300 to ceramic coat.

Well I asked about the shipping if that is correct cause that shipping is quite high. Been two days without a reply but I do know they are quite busy.

But at this rate the more I think about it, I dont think I will be going with Jet Hot. I just dont know I could justify $100+ for shipping from Texas to Oklahoma. Just like I cant justify almost $700 to ceramic coat a pair of headers that didnt even cost $350 to buy in the first place. Real shame too cause I was expecting $400 - $500 max considering that Cradin Industries on their website lists shorty headers as being under $300 to ceramic coat.

I had the same thoughts a few years ago, but pulled the trigger and did it. And having run them for probably 10,000 miles with no chipping nor rusting I'm glad I did it. But it was a big decision and I'm not sure it really makes good economic sense. :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

I had the same thoughts a few years ago, but pulled the trigger and did it. And having run them for probably 10,000 miles with no chipping nor rusting I'm glad I did it. But it was a big decision and I'm not sure it really makes good economic sense. :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

That is the stage I am at right now. I been thinking on it the last few days, on one hand I like the thought of Jet-Hot getting its start in the same time period as my truck was built as well as the life time warranty. I also like the thought of the multiple levels of coatings as well as the selection of color choices. On the other hand can I really justify spending almost $700 on headers that cost less than $400.

I know I will like it, its just something that I am dwelling on right now and the worse thing is the shipping, Im questioning why is it over $100. If the shipping cost was what I believe to be more reasonable then it would be a lot easier for me to justify the expense.

I did at least make a decision on the color and will be going with the Titanium color so I made some progress.

That is the stage I am at right now. I been thinking on it the last few days, on one hand I like the thought of Jet-Hot getting its start in the same time period as my truck was built as well as the life time warranty. I also like the thought of the multiple levels of coatings as well as the selection of color choices. On the other hand can I really justify spending almost $700 on headers that cost less than $400.

I know I will like it, its just something that I am dwelling on right now and the worse thing is the shipping, Im questioning why is it over $100. If the shipping cost was what I believe to be more reasonable then it would be a lot easier for me to justify the expense.

I did at least make a decision on the color and will be going with the Titanium color so I made some progress.

When I was talking with Jet Hot we agreed a price w/o shipping as I was to pick the headers up in OKC, about 2 1/2 hours away for me. But COVID hit and they weren't letting people into the plant, so they just shipped them to me at the same price.

I'm glad I did it, but I can't really justify it.

When I was talking with Jet Hot we agreed a price w/o shipping as I was to pick the headers up in OKC, about 2 1/2 hours away for me. But COVID hit and they weren't letting people into the plant, so they just shipped them to me at the same price.

I'm glad I did it, but I can't really justify it.

That was a good deal. I couldnt justify driving that far, would be cheaper to pay the shipping than to pay for the fuel round trip.

I do agree I doubt I would be unhappy with their ceramic coating because when people talk about ceramic coating they always bring up Jet Hot. They did tell me I can accept the estimate and ship the headers in when I am ready but I havent clicked accept yet cause I dont know how long I can wait. I hope to get the headers shipped out by November/December but that really depends on if my tax refund that has been delayed for various reasons gets issued before then.