Bullnose Forums

Dinner On Friday, Sept 2nd

I will definitely be at the show, but probably not dinner the night before. Between time-off limitations at work and a side trip up into Kansas, I may be in Skiatook only on Saturday.:nabble_smiley_cry:

If things change I will certainly let you know!

Thanks, Matthew. Hope you can make it Friday night, but glad you at least will make it on Saturday.

What part of my home state of Kansas are you going to?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Matthew. Hope you can make it Friday night, but glad you at least will make it on Saturday.

What part of my home state of Kansas are you going to?

I'm headed up to the Cosmosphere in Hutchinson KS. Supposedly they have an excellent collection of Nazi-era and Soviet space artifacts, I've been wanting to visit for ages. I'd considered it last time I was there, but for whatever reason decided against it.

I'm headed up to the Cosmosphere in Hutchinson KS. Supposedly they have an excellent collection of Nazi-era and Soviet space artifacts, I've been wanting to visit for ages. I'd considered it last time I was there, but for whatever reason decided against it.

Cool! I hadn't heard of that place. It says they have "A complete set of Germany’s “Vengeance” weapons: V-1 (“buzz bomb”) and V-2 rocket". I didn't know that's what the "V" stood for.

Have fun!

Cool! I hadn't heard of that place. It says they have "A complete set of Germany’s “Vengeance” weapons: V-1 (“buzz bomb”) and V-2 rocket". I didn't know that's what the "V" stood for.

Have fun!

I’ve been to that in Hutchinson. It is great.

They’re known for restoring NASA space items. They were restoring the Apollo 13 capsule when I was there.

I’ve been to that in Hutchinson. It is great.

They’re known for restoring NASA space items. They were restoring the Apollo 13 capsule when I was there.

The other reason for going is that, despite my grandparents having lived less than an hour away from Kansas my entire life, I've never been there. That will make #43 out of 50 states, leaving only ND, SD, NE, MN, WI, IA, and RI to go.

The other reason for going is that, despite my grandparents having lived less than an hour away from Kansas my entire life, I've never been there. That will make #43 out of 50 states, leaving only ND, SD, NE, MN, WI, IA, and RI to go.

Kansas is thought to be F.L.A.T. But that's not really true. The SE corner of the state has the Flint Hills, which are rolling like huge waves on the ocean. And there's a spot in the SC part of the state called the Badlands.

My home town, Arkansas City, sits on the Arkansas River on the west and the Walnut on the east. Don't be led astray, the Arkansas is pronounced Rkansaw, not Rkansas as some of the people in Wichita, and now apparently in Hutch would have you believe. West of my home town it is flat, and east it is hilly. So we had the best of both worlds.

But by the time you get to Hutch you'll be way out on the prairie. F.L.A.T.

Kansas is thought to be F.L.A.T. But that's not really true. The SE corner of the state has the Flint Hills, which are rolling like huge waves on the ocean. And there's a spot in the SC part of the state called the Badlands.

My home town, Arkansas City, sits on the Arkansas River on the west and the Walnut on the east. Don't be led astray, the Arkansas is pronounced Rkansaw, not Rkansas as some of the people in Wichita, and now apparently in Hutch would have you believe. West of my home town it is flat, and east it is hilly. So we had the best of both worlds.

But by the time you get to Hutch you'll be way out on the prairie. F.L.A.T.

OT: I'll also be making a Kansas side trip as part of my adventure, but it'll be after the show for Labor Day. My wife hasn't seen her extended family since the pandemic (aside from Grandma, who visited us last year); I saw them back in June on the way home from a guy-only trip with them to Colorado (which I was gonna post about but never did :nabble_smiley_unhappy:), but I figure she's overdue. And while it's not "close" to Skiatook, the 6 hours of driving is half of the 12 hours from home to either place.

• 3 weeks later...