Bullnose Forums

Dinner On Friday, Sept 2nd

There will be a dinner for all forum members and guests the night before the show, meaning Friday night Sept 2nd. Please let me know how many can make it. The dinner will be at the Skiatook Church Of Christ, which is where the show itself will be, and that is at 1900 W. Rogers Blvd, Skiatook.

We will start eating at 6:00, but will be setting up at least by 5:00, so feel free to come on by and talk, help, or whatever.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Gary is this going to keep being a yearly thing? I've got my eldest going off to college this fall so this summer got tied up in planning that, but I'd love to connect with everyone next year...

Larry - Good!

taskswap - Yes, it is an annual thing. We have been doing it for the last 8 years according to David/1986F150Six. Initially it was late in September but there were some suggestions that we move it to the Labor Day weekend, which we've done for the last few years.

We have been doing it for the last 8 years according to David/1986F150Six. Initially it was late in September but there were some suggestions that we move it to the Labor Day weekend, which we've done for the last few years.

2014 Okie GTG - Saturday, Sept 13th

Old 08-14-2014, 10:39 AM

Gary Lewis

Posting Legend

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Offer

Here's an offer from David/1986F150six:

Years ago, I discovered an old van behind what had been a rural Ford dealership from the 50's to the 80's and then closed. The original owner's two sons still own the place and allowed me to explore. In the van were many hub caps, most NOS which unfortunately were exposed to the elements for way too long. The sons told me that when new vehicles were delivered, the hub caps were inside the vehicle, to be installed after delivery. Their dad [the dealership owner] would often upgrade to full wheel covers for additional profit and the dog dish hubcaps would be placed in a box [to be found 50 years later, by me].

I retrieved a number of boxes and have some really "rusty/crusty" dog dish caps from the 1955, 1956 and 1957 era.

We have been doing it for the last 8 years according to David/1986F150Six. Initially it was late in September but there were some suggestions that we move it to the Labor Day weekend, which we've done for the last few years.
2014 Okie GTG - Saturday, Sept 13thOld 08-14-2014, 10:39 AMGary Lewis's Avatar Gary LewisGary Lewis is offlinePosting LegendThread StarterJoin Date: Jul 2010Location: Northeast, OKPosts: 32,866Likes: 0Received 8 Likes on 7 PostsOfferHere's an offer from David/1986F150six:Years ago, I discovered an old van behind what had been a rural Ford dealership from the 50's to the 80's and then closed. The original owner's two sons still own the place and allowed me to explore. In the van were many hub caps, most NOS which unfortunately were exposed to the elements for way too long. The sons told me that when new vehicles were delivered, the hub caps were inside the vehicle, to be installed after delivery. Their dad [the dealership owner] would often upgrade to full wheel covers for additional profit and the dog dish hubcaps would be placed in a box [to be found 50 years later, by me].I retrieved a number of boxes and have some really "rusty/crusty" dog dish caps from the 1955, 1956 and 1957 era.
So that's when we started? 2014? I know that I was the OK chapter leader for several years on FTE and had several chapter GTG's. But I apparently set this forum up on Aug 04, 2017 and the GTG's after that were "All-Ford" and not FTE.

Come to think of it, the GTG in 2017 might have been one of the "straws that broke the camel's back". FTE said I couldn't have a non-FTE GTG. :nabble_smiley_oh:

So that's when we started? 2014? I know that I was the OK chapter leader for several years on FTE and had several chapter GTG's. But I apparently set this forum up on Aug 04, 2017 and the GTG's after that were "All-Ford" and not FTE.

Come to think of it, the GTG in 2017 might have been one of the "straws that broke the camel's back". FTE said I couldn't have a non-FTE GTG. :nabble_smiley_oh:
The first time I came was 2014, but if memory serves me correctly, Chris TuButis had been at your home prior to that.

The first time I came was 2014, but if memory serves me correctly, Chris TuButis had been at your home prior to that.

I think you are right. So the shows or GTG’s may have started in 2013. Almost 10 years!

And speaking of “the home”, due to COVID we aren’t having people in our home this year. We have a major vacation right after the show so don’t dare get sick.

I think you are right. So the shows or GTG’s may have started in 2013. Almost 10 years!

And speaking of “the home”, due to COVID we aren’t having people in our home this year. We have a major vacation right after the show so don’t dare get sick.

I will definitely be at the show, but probably not dinner the night before. Between time-off limitations at work and a side trip up into Kansas, I may be in Skiatook only on Saturday.:nabble_smiley_cry:

If things change I will certainly let you know!