Bullnose Forums

Howdy all!

rbond

OK... I'm Russell... I'm a wrenching enthusiast (mostly older Italian sports cars) in Northern California... Santa Cruz Mountains to be exact... and on Oct 16, 2016 I decided to finally "get my truck back up and running" ... after retiring it to the back lot back in 2002, due to a prolific power steering leak... and what was most likely a failed steering ball joint... and a "few other minor things". Should be pretty straight forward... I mean, how long could the repairs possibly take!?!

Today is Monday, Aug, 13 2018... and I'm now a mere 2 weeks away from cranking him over after rebuilding practically every system on this beast... 1986 F350 7.5L 4 Speed Manual 4WD. I love this truck... like we all feel about these beauties. It is Blue... or... it WAS blue... it's kind of a blend of blue that feathers into a beautiful shade of rust... and I think I'll leave it that way... at least for now ;)

I bought ALL the shop books for him... including the EED Shop Manual... and I was immediately overwhelmed in a steep learning curve. Then I discovered that I was not alone in my adventure... there were other crazies out there! ... and they could mostly be found on forums... so I joined... and it has been absolutely invaluable... not only from an information aspect... but from a human connection aspect as well.

The information contained in this online "collective brain" is worth it's weight in impossible to find parts.

Looking forward to sharing the knowledge and experience with everyone!

Cheers!

Russell - Welcome! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Two weeks away! I'll bet you are STOKED! Post some pics to let us see what you are working on.

And, you are not alone. There are quite a few other ..... crazy people doing the same thing as you. And, that is very comforting to know. So let us share in your to-be experience of firing your truck up. Please!

Russell - Welcome! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Two weeks away! I'll bet you are STOKED! Post some pics to let us see what you are working on.

And, you are not alone. There are quite a few other ..... crazy people doing the same thing as you. And, that is very comforting to know. So let us share in your to-be experience of firing your truck up. Please!

... thx... good to be here... already feels more sane than the "other" forum (which is a great resource... don't get me wrong! :nabble_smiley_wink:)

And, yes, Gary... I do plan to share the start up moment with y'all... and I'll be going down the check list 50 times before I turn the key... I'm sure I'll forget something, though! LOL!

... thx... good to be here... already feels more sane than the "other" forum (which is a great resource... don't get me wrong! :nabble_smiley_wink:)

And, yes, Gary... I do plan to share the start up moment with y'all... and I'll be going down the check list 50 times before I turn the key... I'm sure I'll forget something, though! LOL!

Looking forward to the startup. Glad you are here.