Bullnose Forums

F600 F700 dash compatability

The complete dash of the F600 and F700 looks an awful lot like the ones in the Bullnose. Anybody know how similar they are? Would something like this work in a Bullnose dash:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184837115689?epid=1154497271&hash=item2b09268f29:g:y9AAAOSwPtxgnut3

Also, the trim strip that goes under and above the steering column looks very different on those trucks. Anyone know if it's a completely different column and location than ours?

Thanks

The bezels fit our trucks. I used an F600 radio bezel on Big Blue since they have an "eyebrow" above the radio for switches.

But I think there's something about the piece that goes below the column that causes problems using it. I think Shaun knows so I'll tag him.

Mission_Control.thumb.jpg.ca61c38310a0b4896c3975339893090f.jpg

So it seems like the entire dash console is interchangeable between the two trucks with the exception of the instrument cluster bezel and the trim below the steering column because the column is in a slightly different place. Is that really all that is different? I have a huge truck graveyard down here and would love to pick the dump truck cascaras for a black or grey dash to refinish if that's the case.

So it seems like the entire dash console is interchangeable between the two trucks with the exception of the instrument cluster bezel and the trim below the steering column because the column is in a slightly different place. Is that really all that is different? I have a huge truck graveyard down here and would love to pick the dump truck cascaras for a black or grey dash to refinish if that's the case.

I don't know. I really though the whole thing swapped, but apparently not. Maybe you could buy one and find out?

But I think there's something about the piece that goes below the column that causes problems using it. I think Shaun knows so I'll tag him.

I may have known at one time, but I'm drawing a blank. :nabble_anim_confused:

I do know that the columns and bottom trim are different, but that's about it.

I can say that the instrument clusters will bolt up to our dash because my instrument cluster base has a part number that decodes to the medium duty trucks.

I may have known at one time, but I'm drawing a blank. :nabble_anim_confused:

I do know that the columns and bottom trim are different, but that's about it.

I can say that the instrument clusters will bolt up to our dash because my instrument cluster base has a part number that decodes to the medium duty trucks.

Thanks, Shaun. I thought the dashes themselves are the same and the difference was the column mount and the bottom trim piece. I know the dash covers and the radio bezels fit, and as you said the instrument clusters bolt in. So I'm at a loss as to why the instrument bezel doesn't.

I'm going to tag Jonathan to see if he can come back and help us understand.

Thanks, Shaun. I thought the dashes themselves are the same and the difference was the column mount and the bottom trim piece. I know the dash covers and the radio bezels fit, and as you said the instrument clusters bolt in. So I'm at a loss as to why the instrument bezel doesn't.

I'm going to tag Jonathan to see if he can come back and help us understand.

I think I can see the issue now. It looks like the instrument cluster bezel would hit our steering columns before it could ever seat into the opening. The top of the opening on the medium duty bezels doesn't go as high as the openings on the light duty bezels. So basically, the opening is too different and doesn't angle in a way that allows it to work.