Bullnose Forums

4x4 Front Axle identifying

Hi Gentlemen!

The Marti Report identifies the rear axle, but no mention about the front one specifications.

How to put a name one a 4x4 front axle? Any code in the VIN? Only visual method? Or does the rear axle has something to see with the front one, meaning that it’s a team so if you know the rear specs, you have the front ones?

:nabble_anim_confused:

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you looked at our page on that? Documentation/Specifications/Axle Ratios (Hmmm, it says Ratios and yet speaks to the codes as well. :nabble_thinking-26_orig:)

When it comes to the F250 and F350, cab configuration and GVWR were the biggest determining factors if I remember correctly. An F250 regular cab with less than an 8600 GVWR would come with the D44 HD, while a crewcab F350 would come with a D50.

The argument is always muddy because there's always somebody who claims their buddy's uncle's best friend had an F250 4x4 with a 6100 GVWR and it had a D50 in it. Just like there are guys who claim their 1985 F350 built in December of 1984 has a factory Dana 60.

When it comes to the F250 and F350, cab configuration and GVWR were the biggest determining factors if I remember correctly. An F250 regular cab with less than an 8600 GVWR would come with the D44 HD, while a crewcab F350 would come with a D50.

The argument is always muddy because there's always somebody who claims their buddy's uncle's best friend had an F250 4x4 with a 6100 GVWR and it had a D50 in it. Just like there are guys who claim their 1985 F350 built in December of 1984 has a factory Dana 60.

Gary:

Thanks a lot, again you showed me the way! I’m going to religiously read at it.

:nabble_smiley_super:

Shaun:

So, figuring Big Bro is a F350 4x4 Crew Cab, chances are that I will find a D50. Unless my buddy's uncle's best friend tells me something else.

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

JFI, Marti says «4.10 Dana Conventional Rear Axle».

About the weight question… Marti mentions «9,001-10,000 Lb. GVW», whereas the 1984 brochure shows «9300lbs GVWR». I admit that this makes me a bit confused.

Gary:

Thanks a lot, again you showed me the way! I’m going to religiously read at it.

:nabble_smiley_super:

Shaun:

So, figuring Big Bro is a F350 4x4 Crew Cab, chances are that I will find a D50. Unless my buddy's uncle's best friend tells me something else.

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

JFI, Marti says «4.10 Dana Conventional Rear Axle».

About the weight question… Marti mentions «9,001-10,000 Lb. GVW», whereas the 1984 brochure shows «9300lbs GVWR». I admit that this makes me a bit confused.

What’s on the door tag as far as GVWR?

What’s on the door tag as far as GVWR?

Aaaarrrgghhhh, Dane, why, why this question?

Shame on me, shame on my body work friend! We lost the tag! Each time I think of it, it tortures me.

Was it sandblasted? We just don’t know what happened.

I ordered at Marti a supposedly identical reproduction, waiting for it.

Aaaarrrgghhhh, Dane, why, why this question?

Shame on me, shame on my body work friend! We lost the tag! Each time I think of it, it tortures me.

Was it sandblasted? We just don’t know what happened.

I ordered at Marti a supposedly identical reproduction, waiting for it.

Oh ok, when I got my Marti reports they requested photos of my door tags.

Sorry to hear you lost your door tag, that’s a major bummer!

F-250HD SuperCabs also typically came with a Dana 50.

And I believe that regular cab F-250HD with a snowplow package would have the Dana 50.

But all of this has to be taken with the typical grain of salt that Ford could use whatever they felt like on any given day, so there are oddballs.

When I got my Marti reports they requested photos of my door tags.

I already received the Marti Report by email, and still waiting for the door sticker. In the report, there is a picture of the sticker I suppose they are going to send me.

I this is the case, I’ll be a little disappointed, some informations seem to be missing (tires, for example):

CBDF6D68-7B23-4B64-8D7B-109B4E237595.jpeg.3742b1586b3b0c173e80566a0025e9ec.jpeg

But there is a Type-GVW spec on it: W361. What does it mean?

When I got my Marti reports they requested photos of my door tags.

I already received the Marti Report by email, and still waiting for the door sticker. In the report, there is a picture of the sticker I suppose they are going to send me.

I this is the case, I’ll be a little disappointed, some informations seem to be missing (tires, for example):

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n122537/CBDF6D68-7B23-4B64-8D7B-109B4E237595.jpeg

But there is a Type-GVW spec on it: W361. What does it mean?

Post #9 in this gives some information. Don’t know if it’s correct.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1228209-truck-specs.html