Bullnose Forums

Need advice from the Bullnose Braintrust.

That could be a Hayden 2799 clutch, which would be the right unit in your application. I don’t know what the seepage would signify. I have another brand new clutch (which may very well be a Hayden 2799) that I couldn’t use. I’m happy to send it to you if you get me a shipping label.

Did anyone confirm from his original pictures that the fan was installed facing the right direction? I know it’s kinda dumb, but…

It is mounted correctly Chad, it is pulling air from the front of the grill, through the radiator.

I have cleaned the clutch up, and reinstalled it. Will monitor the seepage to see if it gets worse.

Think I am going to order a new radiator from Radiator express. Shows to be in stock, and only $279.00

It is mounted correctly Chad, it is pulling air from the front of the grill, through the radiator.

I have cleaned the clutch up, and reinstalled it. Will monitor the seepage to see if it gets worse.

Think I am going to order a new radiator from Radiator express. Shows to be in stock, and only $279.00

That's a great offer, Chad. :nabble_smiley_good:

Now that we know the fan and shroud are correct, it is probably either the radiator or clutch. The radiator is a good bet, and if that doesn't solve it you have a clutch available. :nabble_smiley_wink:

That's a great offer, Chad. :nabble_smiley_good:

Now that we know the fan and shroud are correct, it is probably either the radiator or clutch. The radiator is a good bet, and if that doesn't solve it you have a clutch available. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Yes sir Chad, that is a great offer and Thank You! I will let you know if I need to replace this one. Thank you all for your wisdom and insight. I will let you know how it goes.

Yes sir Chad, that is a great offer and Thank You! I will let you know if I need to replace this one. Thank you all for your wisdom and insight. I will let you know how it goes.

Well, I called Champion radiators today to ask about when the radiator for my truck might be in stock. I was told that that part number was dead, and that there was nothing planned as far as making them in the foreseeable future. So I ordered the radiator that was in stock at Radiator Express.

Well, I called Champion radiators today to ask about when the radiator for my truck might be in stock. I was told that that part number was dead, and that there was nothing planned as far as making them in the foreseeable future. So I ordered the radiator that was in stock at Radiator Express.

That's a bummer! Were you looking for a 3 or 4-row?

That's a bummer! Were you looking for a 3 or 4-row?

I was wanting the Champion 3 row. It said it would cool 700 HP. I don’t see mine ever making that!!! LOL

The one I ordered from Radiator Express is a 3 row also.

I was wanting the Champion 3 row. It said it would cool 700 HP. I don’t see mine ever making that!!! LOL

The one I ordered from Radiator Express is a 3 row also.

Strange. I got their last 4-row, and it didn't even show in inventory. And now they don't have plans for the 3-row? :nabble_anim_confused:

Strange. I got their last 4-row, and it didn't even show in inventory. And now they don't have plans for the 3-row? :nabble_anim_confused:

Carl - I know you are trying out a new radiator but something occurred to me today. Do you have a thermostat with a bypass valve? Those will restrict flow through your radiator and could be a source of the problem. Easy to check when you swap out the radiator. Just thought I'd throw that out.

• 4 weeks later...

Carl - I know you are trying out a new radiator but something occurred to me today. Do you have a thermostat with a bypass valve? Those will restrict flow through your radiator and could be a source of the problem. Easy to check when you swap out the radiator. Just thought I'd throw that out.

Thanks for the follow up Chad, sorry for the late reply. No by-pass. Truck is doing great. After installing the new radiator and gauge set been driving it and putting it through its paces. Loaded a 50 horse tractor on the trailer and hauled it about 50 miles. Temp stayed consistently at around 175. Pull up to a stop sign and it climbed to 180 and then back down to 165.

Hooked up jumper cables to it the other day to while I bled air out of the system on my big tractor after changing the fuel filter. It ran for over an hour at around 800 rpms and never got over 180 degrees.