Bullnose Forums

What Color Silver For Dash Bezel Outline?

Hi everyone,

I just picked up a new center console bezel and also a gauge bezel for my 1985 F150.

The truck is a radio-delete model, and as I would like to add a radio, I figured I might as well upgrade the bezels to a higher trim model (they are now the "woodgrain" style of finish).

With that in mind, the pieces are in great, used condition, but the thin silver line that borders each piece has started to fade away with age.

Is there a specific color that the silver should be? As I'd like to neatly re-paint those trim lines before I go ahead and install everything.

Any help is appreciated in advance.

Thanks!

Did you get the correct Burlwood trim? If so, this style did *not* have the chrome outline around the bezel like the earlier style.

For 1985 and 1986, Burlwood was the highest level of trim.

For 1980-1984, Rosewood was the highest level of trim.

Did you get the correct Burlwood trim? If so, this style did *not* have the chrome outline around the bezel like the earlier style.

For 1985 and 1986, Burlwood was the highest level of trim.

For 1980-1984, Rosewood was the highest level of trim.

Hi Lariat_85,

Thanks for the info!

I don't have a pic of it in my phone, but I believe it's the rosewood.

In full disclosure, it was hard finding them in good condition and so I bought what worked with my budget. Personally, I also like the darker colored finish of the rosewood with the dark blue interior that I have, but again, that's just my personal opinion :nabble_anim_handshake:

• 4 years later...

Hi Lariat_85,

Thanks for the info!

I don't have a pic of it in my phone, but I believe it's the rosewood.

In full disclosure, it was hard finding them in good condition and so I bought what worked with my budget. Personally, I also like the darker colored finish of the rosewood with the dark blue interior that I have, but again, that's just my personal opinion :nabble_anim_handshake:

I am just about ready to get to my interior—with same dash faux wood—it was given to me as original dash someone pulled out. It is in good shape actually. But there are a few spots. One thing I am going to do is try the SEM SATIN gloss not the duplicolor. I will make a report back on that. Great thread and link to the Salvage write up. Cheers!

I am just about ready to get to my interior—with same dash faux wood—it was given to me as original dash someone pulled out. It is in good shape actually. But there are a few spots. One thing I am going to do is try the SEM SATIN gloss not the duplicolor. I will make a report back on that. Great thread and link to the Salvage write up. Cheers!

You can clean the bezel really well and use Chrome Pinstripe tape. Looks close to the original I think.

I've also used bright argent (Silver) paint as well with good results.