Bullnose Forums

New in NW Florida

KarlB

Happy to be here! I'm the proud new owner of this humble 1983 XL, which my uncle in Kansas meticulously maintained from the day she rolled new off the lot until he recently passed away. He left me this treasure in his will, and I intend to give her as much care as she saw during her first 39 years of service. My uncle, a career maintenance mechanic at a grain elevator, was a stickler for preventative maintenance, and he documented (literally) every oil change, tune-up and fix she's EVER had. As near as I can tell (aside from a couple dings here and there), she has zero issues. In fact, after being checked out one last time by her long-term mechanic in Salina, she and I easily cruised 1,100+ miles (in 95-degree heat - AC works!) to her new home here in Northwest Florida (Freeport). I'm sure we will have a few challenges ahead, and I'm thanking the members of this forum in advance for your advice and tips as any troubles arise. In the meantime, I'm enjoying learning more here about these classic vehicles, and the classy folks who own them! - Karl

83F1502.jpg.5b106fcc675d23d69dcfc75993072088.jpg

83F150.jpg.3704ecbe474887599d58bce246d5043f.jpg

Welcome, Karl! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Yes, that is a beauty! Man, it looks new. Your uncle did a wonderful job on it, and I'm sure he will be proud that you do as well.

Was your uncle around Salina? I spent some time in Manhattan for school, so am familiar with the area. They get some pretty harsh winters, so your uncle obviously kept it inside and didn't drive it then.

We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and can add you if you'd like.

Welcome, Karl! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Yes, that is a beauty! Man, it looks new. Your uncle did a wonderful job on it, and I'm sure he will be proud that you do as well.

Was your uncle around Salina? I spent some time in Manhattan for school, so am familiar with the area. They get some pretty harsh winters, so your uncle obviously kept it inside and didn't drive it then.

We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and can add you if you'd like.

Thanks for the welcome, Gary! Love this site. Yep, my uncle was a lifelong Salina resident. He always kept the F150 garaged or under his carport, avoided gravel roads, and after he retired he rarely drove it if there was a cloud in the sky. And please do add me as a new Freeport FL dot on the member map. Thanks! - Karl

Thanks for the welcome, Gary! Love this site. Yep, my uncle was a lifelong Salina resident. He always kept the F150 garaged or under his carport, avoided gravel roads, and after he retired he rarely drove it if there was a cloud in the sky. And please do add me as a new Freeport FL dot on the member map. Thanks! - Karl

Probably also worth noting that he kept the bench seat covered in plastic, likely since he bought it. (Yep, I've got a pretty high standard of care to maintain here!) :nabble_smiley_beam:

F150Interior.jpg.f3e658bb1dfef8baf58c50b751915ff5.jpg

Probably also worth noting that he kept the bench seat covered in plastic, likely since he bought it. (Yep, I've got a pretty high standard of care to maintain here!) :nabble_smiley_beam:

Well, the standards just went down a notch with that Rock Chalk Chicken Hawk hat on the front seat. (I told you I spent some time in Manhattan. :nabble_smiley_evil:)

Seriously though, that interior looks immaculate. You are going to have a lot of work cut out for you to maintain that. :nabble_smiley_wink:

And, you are on the map - just around the corner from Panama City, which is where I got Big Blue.

Well, the standards just went down a notch with that Rock Chalk Chicken Hawk hat on the front seat. (I told you I spent some time in Manhattan. :nabble_smiley_evil:)

Seriously though, that interior looks immaculate. You are going to have a lot of work cut out for you to maintain that. :nabble_smiley_wink:

And, you are on the map - just around the corner from Panama City, which is where I got Big Blue.

I thought the same thing when I saw the hat, missing an S!

I too spent time on the Wildcat’s campus and probably more than I should have in Aggieville.

Thought that KU hat might catch your eye. FWIW, he had a Wildcats hat hanging in the garage too, just not quite as broken in...

Thought that KU hat might catch your eye. FWIW, he had a Wildcats hat hanging in the garage too, just not quite as broken in...

Yes, it is missing an "S".

Aggieville - Might have been there a few times as well. And not just to go to Varney's to get books. Might have been to Bluemont as well. :nabble_smiley_wink: