Bullnose Forums

In search of wheels

I am looking for some wheels for my 1986 4WD F350. I stumbled on some tires from a friend that are Mastercraft LT235/85/R16 only 9 months old, $200 for all 4.

The wheels I have are a mish-mash of non matching things.

So i am looking for any advice on where to find economical 8 lugs that would be period correct.

You guys remind me of Stan and Ollie. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Would you consider plain steel wheels? I'm running Wheel Vintiques 82-680804 on Big Blue.

I'm always astonished by the number of Western wheels I can find on Facebook Marketplace. You can usually find a complete set of Turbines/Cyclones in 5 or 8-bolt for about $50/wheel. I think by 86 the Bullet Holes style had taken hold, so you should be able to find the American Racing version of that wheel all over the place. Sawblades are out there too but that wouldn't be quite as vintage I think.

If you want something new that won't swallow your wallet hole, US Mags has a line of vintage designs that I think would have sizes for you: https://us-mags.com/

I'm always astonished by the number of Western wheels I can find on Facebook Marketplace. You can usually find a complete set of Turbines/Cyclones in 5 or 8-bolt for about $50/wheel. I think by 86 the Bullet Holes style had taken hold, so you should be able to find the American Racing version of that wheel all over the place. Sawblades are out there too but that wouldn't be quite as vintage I think.

If you want something new that won't swallow your wallet hole, US Mags has a line of vintage designs that I think would have sizes for you: https://us-mags.com/

Damn marketplace… everything is on there now and i really can’t stand it!

Weren't most of the Western wheels 16.5? It's a bit hard to find tires (other than Interco) for those these days.

I think you’re right. The old 8 lugs are mostly 16.5. I didn’t think about that.

Facebook Marketplace is great if you are looking for Warren hubs or a Manuel transmission. They’ve got whatever you’re looking for as long as you misspell it hahaha.

I think you’re right. The old 8 lugs are mostly 16.5. I didn’t think about that.

Facebook Marketplace is great if you are looking for Warren hubs or a Manuel transmission. They’ve got whatever you’re looking for as long as you misspell it hahaha.

I nearly fell for that warren hubs line!!

The wheels I have all seem to be steel 16s but I think only 2 match..

When the truck cost $500, the tires $200. How much do you spend on wheels? Particularly as I don’t think I will hold on to this one for more than a year.