Bullnose Forums

Hood to cowl weatherstrip

Tallyho

I think you have three options:

• NOS: But by now a 30+ year-old part will surely be stiff and hard, so not likely to seal

• Aftermarket: However, from what I've seen those are flimsy and also unlikely to seal

Thank the gods I asked this here. The garage door seal looks like the perfect way to solve my leak!

Thank the gods I asked this here. The garage door seal looks like the perfect way to solve my leak!

Let us know how it works for you. And, don't miss the Black Jack recommendation for adhesive/sealant. I've tried RTV and it does not work well as it doesn't adhere to the garage door seal. But it does adhere to the paint, so when you need to take it off and use Black Jack it is a real pain. Don't ask. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Let us know how it works for you. And, don't miss the Black Jack recommendation for adhesive/sealant. I've tried RTV and it does not work well as it doesn't adhere to the garage door seal. But it does adhere to the paint, so when you need to take it off and use Black Jack it is a real pain. Don't ask. :nabble_smiley_blush:

I sourced the gasket and black jack at Lowes today while giving the old truck a run to make sure the new valve cover gaskets didn't leak. The garage gasket seems kinda lightweight...

I'll post an update after it done.

I sourced the gasket and black jack at Lowes today while giving the old truck a run to make sure the new valve cover gaskets didn't leak. The garage gasket seems kinda lightweight...

I'll post an update after it done.

Did the mod today but skipped the black jack. The original weatherstrip had metal in it so after stripping the old rubber off it I used that over the new rubber. Fit nice and snugg

Did the mod today but skipped the black jack. The original weatherstrip had metal in it so after stripping the old rubber off it I used that over the new rubber. Fit nice and snugg

You know that's not a bad idea! I halfway considered that when I pulled it off - now I wish I had done it!

The other method is sealing real nice though and kept things dry while I was washing the truck on Friday.