Bullnose Forums

1980 Bullnose - Is this a factory paint scheme?

That is a clean truck. But, it seems over-priced, even knowing that's Canadian dollars.

As for the paint, I think that's a Type 4 tape stripe, as shown here: Specifications/Tape Stripe Codes. However, it has a spot of blue in the middle of the hood that isn't part of that kit, so that may have been added when they had the topper painted.

$6870.47 USD. 47068 miles. I don't know, looks nice.

Those white walls though...where's that hurling emoji. (Disclaimer, no bad intentions to those who like white walls!)

EFEC8D94-264C-4BC4-9595-C378E82B3E4F.jpeg.9d1433df8fab9b116b87633b02986209.jpeg

I missed this one... definitely looks aftermarket to me. The Type 4 stripes were used on the Freewheeling packages, and I’ve not seen that in combination with two tone paint. Also the broad upper body “stripe” that has a little peak by the wing window and hockey stick extension up the B pillar are not Type 4. The line drawings on the website don’t show the window stripes for freewheel or XLS. Not sure why.

9A937540-EF7A-418C-8035-29036214DBFE.thumb.jpeg.c7cf5725a6433c39e7b1282a4a3d7978.jpeg

I missed this one... definitely looks aftermarket to me. The Type 4 stripes were used on the Freewheeling packages, and I’ve not seen that in combination with two tone paint. Also the broad upper body “stripe” that has a little peak by the wing window and hockey stick extension up the B pillar are not Type 4. The line drawings on the website don’t show the window stripes for freewheel or XLS. Not sure why.

Good catch, Jonathan. I missed those points. But, in my defense, that paint scheme is sooooo busy it is really hard to focus on details. :nabble_smiley_argh: