Bullnose Forums

Bricknose Funny AC Issue

I didn't have my thermocoupler for my meter. However. The.line right below the orifice tube is cold. So the coil has to be cold inside the box. The vent.is still blowing like 70° air. The issue still has to be airflow across the coil,

Brandon, how about the accumulator tank, it should also be cold. If the line going in is cold, but the one coming out isn't, believe it or not, you are low on refrigerant.

Brandon, how about the accumulator tank, it should also be cold. If the line going in is cold, but the one coming out isn't, believe it or not, you are low on refrigerant.

I will second that. I was reading along and picked up on the statement that the pipe right below the orifice is cold. all that means is that there is a pressure drop at that point. the immediate drop in pressure allows the liquid to flash to vapor and draw heat from all it contacts until it is saturated, and that saturation point needs to be very close to the drier making the entire coil a heat sink to absorb heat from the contacting air. if it reaches saturation before that then the whole coil does NOT absorb meaningful amounts of heat allowing warm air to enter and leave the coil at nearly the same temp. we always felt the accumulator/drier along with watching the gauges as to know when the saturation point was getting close. here in the south you can normally just watch it condense with all of our humidity.

I will second that. I was reading along and picked up on the statement that the pipe right below the orifice is cold. all that means is that there is a pressure drop at that point. the immediate drop in pressure allows the liquid to flash to vapor and draw heat from all it contacts until it is saturated, and that saturation point needs to be very close to the drier making the entire coil a heat sink to absorb heat from the contacting air. if it reaches saturation before that then the whole coil does NOT absorb meaningful amounts of heat allowing warm air to enter and leave the coil at nearly the same temp. we always felt the accumulator/drier along with watching the gauges as to know when the saturation point was getting close. here in the south you can normally just watch it condense with all of our humidity.

Here on Virginia's appendix and the cities around the mouth of Chesapeake Bay, the temperature and humidity have a contest to see which gets higher (temperature ends up winning).

Right now at 10:09 AM it is: Temp 90° F, Rh 68% Heat index 103° F

Here on Virginia's appendix and the cities around the mouth of Chesapeake Bay, the temperature and humidity have a contest to see which gets higher (temperature ends up winning).

Right now at 10:09 AM it is: Temp 90° F, Rh 68% Heat index 103° F

great conditions for charging ac systems. condensation puddle under the car is a beautiful sight:nabble_smiley_good: