Bullnose Forums

1986 F250 4x4

Very nice truck. :nabble_smiley_good:

But I was just thinking that if I was buying something in this category I'd want an 86 F350 4x4 to get the solid front axle instead of the TTB's.

I agree, seems they are getting hard to find. At least I haven’t seen one for sale for a long time.

But I was just thinking that if I was buying something in this category I'd want an 86 F350 4x4 to get the solid front axle instead of the TTB's.

At this point I wouldn't even shy away from an F250 considering that Sky is now making kits to install the newer coil sprung Dana 60's into the older trucks. Super Duty axles are plentiful, at least around here.

At this point I wouldn't even shy away from an F250 considering that Sky is now making kits to install the newer coil sprung Dana 60's into the older trucks. Super Duty axles are plentiful, at least around here.

Yes, if I had to do it over again I'd go with the coil-sprung D60. Probably has an even better ride. But that is still an extra cost.

Yes, if I had to do it over again I'd go with the coil-sprung D60. Probably has an even better ride. But that is still an extra cost.

Just buying a pre 1997 Ford 3/4 or 1 ton is an extra cost by itself at this point. :nabble_smiley_thinking: