Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Spec Card

Some of y'all attend car shows where the vehicles have "cards" that proclaim what they are and what's been done to them. I think it is time that I make one for Big Blue and am asking for your input on what I need to change in the document below.

Basically my idea is that I'll print the pages out, laminate them, and put them on a piece of cardboard that I can prop up on/near the truck. So I've increased the font to as large as I can go, 18 point, and still get everything on two pieces of paper. Will that work?

Thoughts, changes, input, deletions, etc please.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it! That’s a lot of work!

Thanks, guys. But I'm not looking for kudos, although I do appreciate them. Instead, I'm looking for upgrades. What changes need to be made? Should it be shortened? Am I missing anything?

For instance, I have nothing in there about the medium-duty radio bezel, but might people want to know about it? I've said nothing about instrumentation, but might add these points:

INSTRUMENTATION:

• Wide-band air/fuel ratio meter

• Rocketman-converted voltmeter

• Aftermarket voltmeter, oil pressure, & coolant temp gauges

• ICVR replaced with true voltage regulator to ensure accurate readings on factory fuel level, coolant temp, and oil pressure gauges

• Altimeter

Is that too much? What needs to change? :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Thanks, guys. But I'm not looking for kudos, although I do appreciate them. Instead, I'm looking for upgrades. What changes need to be made? Should it be shortened? Am I missing anything?

For instance, I have nothing in there about the medium-duty radio bezel, but might people want to know about it? I've said nothing about instrumentation, but might add these points:

INSTRUMENTATION:

• Wide-band air/fuel ratio meter

• Rocketman-converted voltmeter

• Aftermarket voltmeter, oil pressure, & coolant temp gauges

• ICVR replaced with true voltage regulator to ensure accurate readings on factory fuel level, coolant temp, and oil pressure gauges

• Altimeter

Is that too much? What needs to change? :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

I think it’s enough. You could save the finer details for questioners and aficionados!

Thanks, Dane. That sounds like a good plan.

Still, if anyone has suggestions I'm all eyes. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I know this is off topic, but I have a couple of questions for some of the items you have added. Where did you get the Highliner headliner for a crew cab. LMC has one but it is for standard cab only. I need one for a supercab. And what brand of on-board air system did you install?

I know this is off topic, but I have a couple of questions for some of the items you have added. Where did you get the Highliner headliner for a crew cab. LMC has one but it is for standard cab only. I need one for a supercab. And what brand of on-board air system did you install?

Big Blue is a regular cab truck.

And the on-board air system is a Harbor Freight Fortress 1.5 HP unit. Yep, it is 110V AC, which is why I have the 3000 watt inverter.

I took the system apart and put the compressor and controls in the toolbox and the tank under the fender in front of the RR wheel.