Bullnose Forums

Clutch linkage shaft bushings?

Howdy gentlemen,

I searched on some variations of this and only found one old fleabay listing, long gone so no pics.

Our 86 bully has two little plastic bushings on the small push shaft between the clutch pedal and clutch master cylinder. They are expired, as you can see. So we have metal on metal and it will oval something sooner or later. I could use rubber grommets but they would not last long in there.

Does anyone know what these bushings are called and where I could buy new ones?

Thank you.

ClutchBushing.jpg.0508d1d06ccc847bc91a451c571d8107.jpg

ClutchBushing1.jpg.9504e52d312ec9d129da50d6eacd7d29.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure I follow which bushings you are talking about, but since there are two I think they are the two on the cross-shaft on the right below. They are E0TZ 2471-A, and I think LMC, JBG, and others have them.

The other one is the one on the shaft from the bellcrank to the master, and is shown on the left. It is D8TZ 7526-B, but I don't know who carries it.

And for reference, this is from our page at Documentation/Driveline/Clutches & Linkage.

hydraulic-linkage-a_1.thumb.jpg.3ab891f730298b288c693558d09503a6.jpghydraulic-linkage-b_1.thumb.jpg.57e5d8688bf4acdf8416b34465de0de7.jpg

Hi,

Are these bushings from the pedals shaft?

LMC seems to sell couple of bushings related to the clutch system:

https://www.lmctruck.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Pedal

Good job, Jeff. The only problem is the link to the LMC catalog, which requires you to enter what truck you have instead of taking you to the referenced page. I don't know a way around that, which is why I refuse to use the on-line LMC catalog.

I'm tagging Keith/FORDification, who is Mr Ford at LMC, but last I heard there's nothing he can do about it. Still, I want him to see that it is really causing problems.

Good job, Jeff. The only problem is the link to the LMC catalog, which requires you to enter what truck you have instead of taking you to the referenced page. I don't know a way around that, which is why I refuse to use the on-line LMC catalog.

I'm tagging Keith/FORDification, who is Mr Ford at LMC, but last I heard there's nothing he can do about it. Still, I want him to see that it is really causing problems.

Jeff:

The bushings you need are Basic Part No. 2471 in the diagram Gary posted above. Here's the listing from the Master Parts Catalog which shows E0TZ-2471-A as the proper part:

CLUTCHPEDALBUSHING.jpg.9cdf740c78e9a0e19affd844c5f3f05c.jpg

...and here's that bushing available from LMC:

43-6013.png.0ba40ff2024358d1b6421671e5fd932a.png

As for the website...yeah, it's been a PIA for a lot of people for a long time, including myself. And while I don't have a definite timetable, I've been told that changes are coming "soon" that will alleviate having to enter a year/make/model before getting to a page. I guess we'll see. :nabble_smiley_sleep:

Jeff:

The bushings you need are Basic Part No. 2471 in the diagram Gary posted above. Here's the listing from the Master Parts Catalog which shows E0TZ-2471-A as the proper part:

...and here's that bushing available from LMC:

As for the website...yeah, it's been a PIA for a lot of people for a long time, including myself. And while I don't have a definite timetable, I've been told that changes are coming "soon" that will alleviate having to enter a year/make/model before getting to a page. I guess we'll see. :nabble_smiley_sleep:

Thanks, Keith. I'm glad to see that the website/catalog will change. I'll start using it again when it does.

Basically the issue has been twofold. First, we can't link to a page to show someone what he/she is looking for. So I use the catalogs of the other suppliers, which do allow me to link to a specific page or part number.

Second, I know that those bushings, for instance, are generic and were used for many years so I don't need to tell the catalog what year vehicle I have. Since the other sites don't require me to enter that info then why use a catalog that does?

Trust me, I have nothing against Long Motor Company. Just its catalog. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Thanks, Keith. I'm glad to see that the website/catalog will change. I'll start using it again when it does.

Basically the issue has been twofold. First, we can't link to a page to show someone what he/she is looking for. So I use the catalogs of the other suppliers, which do allow me to link to a specific page or part number.

Second, I know that those bushings, for instance, are generic and were used for many years so I don't need to tell the catalog what year vehicle I have. Since the other sites don't require me to enter that info then why use a catalog that does?

Trust me, I have nothing against Long Motor Company. Just its catalog. :nabble_smiley_wink:

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-bush-cross-shaft_eotz-2471-a.html

https://www.ebay.com/p/1417871412?iid=303561850924

https://www.ebay.com/p/1417871412?iid=194412829844

https://www.discountfordpartsfromsoundford.net/Ford-Part-Number-Index-p/eotz-2471-a.htm

Hi,

Are these bushings from the pedals shaft?

LMC seems to sell couple of bushings related to the clutch system:

https://www.lmctruck.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Pedal

Actually, it is not the bushings on the clutch bell crank shaft, which are labeled 2741 or 800763. I have those in stock, big job, waiting until we do the dash swap.

It is smaller diameter bushings that encircle the rod which actuates the clutch master cylinder, and let it slide peacefully in metal holes. Alas, I don't see them in the drawings at all.

Actually, it is not the bushings on the clutch bell crank shaft, which are labeled 2741 or 800763. I have those in stock, big job, waiting until we do the dash swap.

It is smaller diameter bushings that encircle the rod which actuates the clutch master cylinder, and let it slide peacefully in metal holes. Alas, I don't see them in the drawings at all.

They don't show in my post?

I don't have part numbers, but I do know flange bushings made from hardened steel and sintered oil-impregnated bronze are available in a variety of sizes from various places. Not sure if any pre-made ones are the right dimensions?

Plastic bushings kinda suck... they're cheap and light, and that's all one can say for them. Reminds me of how I've seen Paul Cangialosi (the manual transmission wizard) swap out the stock (junk) plastic bushings on Hurst shifter rails/levers for hardened steel ones he had custom made. Especially important for racers who slam gears and destroy the plastic bushings in short order.