Bullnose Forums

MC 2150 empty bowl

Remanufactured Motorcraft 2150 has very little fuel in bowl after sitting overnight. I recently put an aluminum spacer on it as the original synthetic plastic one was slightly warped. I also put one of the carbon fiber 1/4" gaskets on the bottom and a 1/32" on top of the spacer, well that made the carb sit up too high and made the throttle cable fit on the shaft at an angle which created a binding sensation meaning once you had it passed the initial travel it was OK.

So I ordered 2 of the 1/32" flange gaskets to drop the carb down to where it would be even with the cable as to create a smooth throttle pedal action. Well what I discovered was very gas soaked gaskets upon removal of the carb and spacer. Also the fuel bowl didn't have much in it as I almost had to turn it 90 degrees towards me to get some gas to run out of the inlet opening.

This is making me think that whatever the reason is for low fuel level is also why I have a tough time getting it started after sitting for a day or more. I don't see any damp spots around the PV. Anyway that's my story for today 🙁 83 351W

If the power valve is blown or its gasket is leaking the leak will be to the inside of the carb, and you'll get essentially the results you are seeing - wet gaskets and a dry bowl. Plus hard starting.

Or, if yours has the remote PV sensing via a vacuum hose, it'll run into the intake manifold via the hose.

If the power valve is blown or its gasket is leaking the leak will be to the inside of the carb, and you'll get essentially the results you are seeing - wet gaskets and a dry bowl. Plus hard starting.

Or, if yours has the remote PV sensing via a vacuum hose, it'll run into the intake manifold via the hose.

Gary you never have good news for me

😉

Gary you never have good news for me

😉

And that's my fault? :nabble_anim_confused:

If yours is the remote-sensing PV you can remove the hose from either the carb or the manifold after turning the engine off and see if the PV leaks.

Hmmm, maybe that's why they went with the remote PV feed. They'd had so many of them blown they needed an easy way to test? :nabble_smiley_evil:

And that's my fault? :nabble_anim_confused:

If yours is the remote-sensing PV you can remove the hose from either the carb or the manifold after turning the engine off and see if the PV leaks.

Hmmm, maybe that's why they went with the remote PV feed. They'd had so many of them blown they needed an easy way to test? :nabble_smiley_evil:

No I was kidding hence the 😉