Bullnose Forums

Grease Gun

Machspeed

Gary, the Lube Shuttle with the LockNlube coupler is a great combination! I absolutely love this grease gun and the upgraded coupler. One of my favorite tools and absolutely no mess. Loads easily, does not leak and puts the grease where it's suppose to go.

Thanks, John. I think I'm in the market. Here's part of today's adventure - the part I noticed. The part I didn't notice until I stepped in it and tracked it all over had been cleaned up at this point. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Grease_Mess.thumb.jpg.e9194882a6f0d9f95a804e60af8b464d.jpg

Thanks, John. I think I'm in the market. Here's part of today's adventure - the part I noticed. The part I didn't notice until I stepped in it and tracked it all over had been cleaned up at this point. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Yeah, those crappy conventional grease guns do that.....been there! They belong in the garbage can!

Yeah, those crappy conventional grease guns do that.....been there! They belong in the garbage can!

Well, I think I'll clean my old guns up and put them with a bunch of other things for sale next September. :nabble_smiley_evil:

So, John, where did you buy yours? I see you bought the Li400 grease and I am not finding it and the gun on Amazon. Do you like that grease?

Well, I think I'll clean my old guns up and put them with a bunch of other things for sale next September. :nabble_smiley_evil:So, John, where did you buy yours? I see you bought the Li400 grease and I am not finding it and the gun on Amazon. Do you like that grease?
By the way, here's a good video on their greases:

By the way, here's a good video on their greases:

I just ordered the Lube Shuttle gun and two Li400 cartridges for $85.26 from Zorro. They offered one tube of the Li400 at $13.55 and 10 tubes at $135.54. My math says that I could save $.04 buying 10 tubes individually instead of the box of 10. :nabble_anim_confused:They offered a 15% discount, so I took it. That and free shipping + $4.64 in tax brought it to that $85.26.

• 3 months later...

I just ordered the Lube Shuttle gun and two Li400 cartridges for $85.26 from Zorro. They offered one tube of the Li400 at $13.55 and 10 tubes at $135.54. My math says that I could save $.04 buying 10 tubes individually instead of the box of 10. :nabble_anim_confused:

They offered a 15% discount, so I took it. That and free shipping + $4.64 in tax brought it to that $85.26.

We use the lock n lube style fittings on every grease gun I've run across. There's one sitting on a coworker's toolbox right now actually. The only downside is they're a bit harder to get in tight places but whenever we run into engineer mistakes we'll add holes or change fittings until it's easy next time.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello eveyone,

It sounds like you've been having difficulty with your conventional grease gun. One solution to consider would be to use a degreaser to help clean up the mess caused by the old grease cartridge. There are effective degreasers that can break down and remove grease from different surfaces, making cleaning easier before using a new grease gun.

Sincerely,

Charline

Hello eveyone,

It sounds like you've been having difficulty with your conventional grease gun. One solution to consider would be to use a degreaser to help clean up the mess caused by the old grease cartridge. There are effective degreasers that can break down and remove grease from different surfaces, making cleaning easier before using a new grease gun.

Sincerely,

Charline

Thanks, Charline. But it isn't just the mess. It is the fact that the gun, or maybe the grease in the gun, creates the mess in the first place. So far my Lube Shuttle gun and Li400 cartridge hasn't made a mess of any kind and it has been over 9 months, right through the summer when the old gun/grease would certainly have made a bigger mess.

I cleaned up the mess with whatever cleaner I had on hand, and gave the old gun away. I'm happy with my new Lube Shuttle and the Li400 grease.

Thanks, Charline. But it isn't just the mess. It is the fact that the gun, or maybe the grease in the gun, creates the mess in the first place. So far my Lube Shuttle gun and Li400 cartridge hasn't made a mess of any kind and it has been over 9 months, right through the summer when the old gun/grease would certainly have made a bigger mess.

I cleaned up the mess with whatever cleaner I had on hand, and gave the old gun away. I'm happy with my new Lube Shuttle and the Li400 grease.

I didn't realize some grease guns make such a mess. I have this antique grease gun that was my dad's (I kinda took it over) from probably the 70's that's a pistol grip, and I have my lever style I bought from walmart for $10 when I was 12 years old and still use both all the time with no issues. I did put about a 3 foot long hose on both with a lock n lube copycat style coupler on both and those made a huge difference. So much easier greasing king pins with the long hose and locking coupler. I also drilled and tapped the useless air bleeding screws for a grease fitting to thread into so the couplers can connect to those to keep them from whipping around making a mess.